On the Trail with Discount Tire - New Year 2013 - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Home Media Gallery Register Garage FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle Escrow Advertise

On the Trail with Discount Tire - New Year 2013

This is a discussion on On the Trail with Discount Tire - New Year 2013 within the Discount Tire forums, part of the Vendor Row category; As we were riding along the river there were some awesome trails that reminded me of ridding in tunnels. As

Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum > Vendor Row > Discount Tire > On the Trail with Discount Tire - New Year 2013

Discount Tire Discount Tire
www.discounttiredirect.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
TeryxHQ.com Site Sponsor

Discount Tire is on a distinguished road
Default On the Trail with Discount Tire - New Year 2013

As we were riding along the river there were some awesome trails that reminded me of ridding in tunnels.

As we continued along over one mountain after the other I was amazed at every turn. We are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful state where we are able to have riding adventures all year around.

We came to a portion of the loop where we had to drive about 8 miles on a 2 lane highway to connect up to another part of the trail for the last 20 miles back to camp. As we regroup after the pavement my son Art and I decide we are going into the town of Superior for gas instead of using our gas packs. The rest of the group will take what we refer to as the back way to Superior over the tops of the mountains back to camp. Art and I will take a faster route.

Unfortunately when we arrived back at camp Art noticed his rear soft pack was not on his quad. It had his camera in it along with our normal gear. We hopped back on our quads to back track the seldom used trail we took to try to find his pack. After about 12 miles of seeing nothing and darkness approaching we gave up and headed back to camp.

Time to relax, enjoy the sunset along with the nice warm fire while we reflect on our awesome days ride.

What a stroke of luck. The next day Art had a phone call from his insurance agent. It seems someone happened to find his bag along the fence line we were on. He found his insurance card inside the pack and called his agent, who in turn called Art. Art called the gentleman that found his bag and set up a time to retrieve it including his camera. It's times like this that make us proud of the responsible riders that are out on the trail. It makes up for some of those that make us look bad.

Remember to get out and enjoy your family and friends as much as possible in 2013 and buy all your tires and wheels at Discount Tire.

We look forward to doing lots of tire testing along with attending many fantastic events throughout 2013. See you out on the trail.

Don McNeilly
Discount Tire[/size]

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
Shop ATV/UTV Tires
Shop ATV/UTV Wheels
Current Promotions
Discount Tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

wardclub is on a distinguished road

I would love to see a map or directions for that ride, looks pretty awesome.
wardclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
TeryxHQ.com Site Sponsor

Unfortunately I do not use a GPS. I use the internet and friends or just ride an area until I know it. I am very lucky to be able to remember trails very well. In fact at times some of the guys with GPS units look back to me at a turn to see which way to go.

In the old days I just bought maps and found them to work very good but GPS units are more accurate.

Google Martinez Mine area. There are thousands of miles of trails in the area. Lots of jeep, ATV/UTV threads with detailed information.

I am happy to speak to you as well if you PM us.

Useful Links:
Shop ATV/UTV Tires
Shop ATV/UTV Wheels
Current Promotions
Old 02-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
TeryxHQ.com Site Sponsor

Sorry, I just noticed the first part of the story did not post. Here it is:

On the Trail with Discount Tire - New Year 2013

It is amazing how fast the years go by when you are having fun. It was already time for our annual New Year camp out in the outstanding deserts near Phoenix, Arizona. We are very lucky to live in Arizona as the weather is generally very nice for us this time of year.

This will be my first good ride on a new (to me) machine I picked up. I bought a Kawasaki Brute Force 750i. I have always loved the sound of the Brute and could not pass up the deal. As with all machines they have good points and some not some good points. I can have a blast on almost any machine and love the challenge of figuring out each different ride.

I had my good friend Zane, custom make a full one piece steel skid plate to protect the underbelly and foot wells since we tend to rock crawl quite a bit.

Here is a photo of Shelly’s (Zane’s wife) quad. We put some Vision Duo Track tires on it a couple of months ago. She said they have been awesome on her machine.

LET'S RIDE!

We had a group saddle up for a full days ride in the beautiful deserts south west of Phoenix in one of our favorite areas. It was a cloudy day but at least it was warm. On our way to Box Canyon Zane just had to play on one of the technical rock climbs to loosen up.

Useful Links:
Shop ATV/UTV Tires
Shop ATV/UTV Wheels
Current Promotions
Old 02-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
TeryxHQ.com Site Sponsor

Shortly after going through Box Canyon we crossed the river at the diversion dam. Of course there was a couple of the younger crowd that had to kick it up a notch running through the water.

Shortly after this we were playing in the sand wash.

Robert dropped over the edge showing off the long wheel base on his Ranger.

Well, Jim was not going to be outdone so he went over the edge as well. Unfortunately the front end of his quad hit the sand and threw him over the bars. As he went over he kicked his throttle and broke it off. Now what was he going to do? Well, Zane had some JB weld so they took apart the throttle and glued it back together.

It worked like a charm. Thank goodness we pack for emergency’s.

Back on the trail we headed over towards Walnut Canyon about 35 miles away. This ride has unbelievable scenery when the sun is out but the colors are a bit muted with the overcast skies.

We took a short break along the trail and I just happened to look over to my left and spotted the Coke Ovens off in the distance. They are ovens made in the late 1800’s to make charcoal for the smelters in the area.

We are in an area that is new dirt to me which is my favorite. Even though I have ridden in the area for over 10 years we always seem to find new trails. How fun.

Useful Links:
Shop ATV/UTV Tires
Shop ATV/UTV Wheels
Current Promotions
Old 03-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

hadriya is on a distinguished road

I am really grateful to receive information from experienced people and i hope that this post will help others as well !
Really Amazing
Old 03-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

DougS is on a distinguished road

Great pictures.
DougS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
TeryxHQ.com Site Sponsor

Thanks very much. I appreciate it.

Useful Links:
Shop ATV/UTV Tires
Shop ATV/UTV Wheels
Current Promotions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement