Rear Diff Fluid - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Home Media Gallery Register Garage FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle Escrow Advertise

Rear Diff Fluid

This is a discussion on Rear Diff Fluid within the Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions forums, part of the The Garage category; Do you guys know of any large chain stores that will carry the fluid for the rear diff's? I have

Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum > The Garage > Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions > Rear Diff Fluid

Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 12:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

ZackTeryx is on a distinguished road
Default Rear Diff Fluid

Do you guys know of any large chain stores that will carry the fluid for the rear diff's? I have tried hunting around locally and have came up with nothing. I did go to Chaparral Motorsports (local parts supplier) and they recommended i use Kawasaki Gear Oil P/N 19-1303. Its a Hypoid oil recommended for the Mule. I havn't put it in because i figured that if Kawi wanted that oil to be used... They would have put it in thier service manual.

Locally i can find tons of different Hydraulic fluid, but no one has the brands/models listed in the service manual.

Please help!!!
ZackTeryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2008, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

glamisrob is on a distinguished road

I have heard good things about Amsoil. Check with message board user AZ Amsoil. He can hook you up with what you need.
glamisrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

az_amsoil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamisrob View Post
I have heard good things about Amsoil. Check with message board user AZ Amsoil. He can hook you up with what you need.
Thanks Rob...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackTeryx View Post
Do you guys know of any large chain stores that will carry the fluid for the rear diff's? I have tried hunting around locally and have came up with nothing. I did go to Chaparral Motorsports (local parts supplier) and they recommended i use Kawasaki Gear Oil P/N 19-1303. Its a Hypoid oil recommended for the Mule. I havn't put it in because i figured that if Kawi wanted that oil to be used... They would have put it in thier service manual.

Locally i can find tons of different Hydraulic fluid, but no one has the brands/models listed in the service manual.

Please help!!!
I have the oil you need for the rear diff, DON'T USE GEAR OIL!!! You need a hydraulic/tractor fliud for the rear brake. Kawai doesn't make it, that's why they spec the mobil stuff in the data sheets. The AMSOIL ATH meets this spec. I sent you a PM.
az_amsoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

meflyfish is on a distinguished road
Default rear diff oil

I found the Mobilfluid 424 at Grainger on line. Pricey at $46.00 for 2.5 gals plus ship, should be a lifetime supply.

Randy
meflyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

jeryx is on a distinguished road

I found this thread

Just thought i would add this for those who are having trouble finding the proper fluid for the rear diff.
NAPA part # 85-401
it meets all the criteria and it comes in 1 gallon jug, for about 12 bucks!
I figure i should be able to get 3-4 changes per jug.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Amsoil Larry is on a distinguished road
Default Hunterworks Sells Amsoil!!!

Hunterworks sells Amsoil synthetic lubes at factory direct pricing! Call Larry at 866-580-1008

And yes....you have to use a lube with the correct friction modifiers for the wet brake...Amsoil ATH is the answer!
Amsoil Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Nozzleweed is on a distinguished road
Default diff oil

Well HOLY #$%*. I just changed my diff fluids both front and rear. It was recommended by the dealer. Used the same Synthetic stuff for both. Now I read here that there is different stuff for front and back. WTF.Someone clear this one up for me please.

2010 Teryx
30 Mudzillas
Muzzy
MSD
Warn winch
Uni with Billet adapter
Dalton clutch kit
3" Gorilla lift
Mud Industries Snorkle with Armor tips
Nozzleweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

nyteryx is on a distinguished road

I have changed my diff fluids both front and rear to royal purple gear oil. Just make shure what you use doesent have friction moddifiers as it can damage the front locker clutch pack and rear brake pack. I have around 1600 miles on my royal purple diff oil and all is well. 2300 miles in the machine and original brakes and front locker clutches and no seals leaking. Some guys are using hydralic fluid and im shure there are other fluids being used. Im not shure of the rating as im at work but someone with a manual should tell you what the required rating is. My Suzuki king quad had the same rear brake set up in it and it had 4000 miles on royal purple gear oil in the rear diff when i sold it and had the original rear brakes. Good luck.
nyteryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

Amsoil Larry is on a distinguished road

The same motor oil you use in the engine is fine for the front diff....the rear diff requires a oil compatible with a wet brake. I recommend Amsoil's full synthetic tractor transmission fluid. It protects like a gearlube...pumps like a hydraulic fluid and works really super with the rear diff's wet brake.....
Amsoil Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

trafficticket is on a distinguished road

I know this is an old thread but I was having trouble finding the fluid in Barrie Ontario and found a suzuki gear oil for wet brake sytems, is this the same?
trafficticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement