Teryx as a street machine! - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Home Media Gallery Register Garage FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle Escrow Advertise

Teryx as a street machine!

This is a discussion on Teryx as a street machine! within the Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions forums, part of the The Garage category; I keep hearing members talking about using there Teryx as daily drivers. I was wondering about emission standards or if

Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum > The Garage > Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions > Teryx as a street machine!

Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 01:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

olddirtrider is on a distinguished road
Default Teryx as a street machine!

I keep hearing members talking about using there Teryx as daily drivers. I was wondering about emission standards or if you can only license them in only states without emission tests. I guess the only basic things you would need to do is put some turn signals on them to put them on the street. Of course street tires wouldn't hurt either.

Somehow I will bet it aint California.............

So is anyone driving on the street now?

Legally of course!
06 GMC 2500 Duramax
olddirtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2008, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
CommanderTalk.com

dieselpowered has disabled reputation

I legally drive on the streets here in Arizona. A street legal kit consist of lighted license plate bracket, review mirror, and horn. Obviously it must be registered, have a plate, and carry minimum state coverage insurance. Ours is insured under the same policy as our autos, carrys the same liabilities, same deductables, and even includes glass coverage...lol I need to get some glass on it. Anyhow, it is not expensize, I think be pay $25 a month.

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
dieselpowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

NEVERENOUGH is on a distinguished road

I drive mine on the street all the time. Get the kids from school next to the Escalades and bmw's. I love Az.
2006 limited yfz 450 mine
2003 Pred 500 wifes
1986 4trax 250R sons
1997 300ex daughter
2006 250ex daughter
2008 Teryx ours
NEVERENOUGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Effinbees77 is on a distinguished road
Cool

I've "heard" that people have been able to register/license their SxS's for the street in Kalefornea but it's next to impossible. The ONE person I'm thinking of I think owns a farm and has it registered as a SMV (Slow Moving Vehicle)?.?.?. Here in AZ, it's cake. Just like DP said, we don't have to add many things at all. When I bought mine they offered to register it as a street legal vehicle. It saved me from going to the DMV or MVD (whatever it's called) for the inspection. Now I just need to actually put the horn & mirror on before I get pulled over. I have the license plate & light but that's it!
As for commuting with it every day, it's starting to get too hot for that here (for me) but I'd have to try it once to check the MPG (commuting) first to see if it's worth it.
Effinbees77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
CommanderTalk.com

Hey Effinbees77, no inspection necessary. I actually just went to one of those title places, paid for it, and received my new plates. Piece of cake, granted it has a $10 convenience charge, but hey I think it is worth it!

P.S. you get those decals on there yet

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
Old 05-01-2008, 08:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

zr13 is on a distinguished road

the county that i live does not have emmision testing. one thing that really helps with a street machine is getting 14inch rims and putting either bfg's or kumho offroad tires. thoes are two that i have found where the tread dtill looks good. if i keep my stock tires on i might get 60 hours of street use out of them before there shot.
zr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

olddirtrider is on a distinguished road

So what kind of mileage do you guys get and what kind of top speed with the larger tires?
06 GMC 2500 Duramax
olddirtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
CommanderTalk.com

Unfortunately at this time I cannot answer the mileage question as I have not hooked up the speedo cable to the Trail Tech Vapor computer. I am waiting to see first if the cable is long enough for the long travel and if it is not, then I will have to have a custom one made.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

zr13 is on a distinguished road

I don't know top speed, I don't have gauges and my fuel consumption is around a gallon a hour
zr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

NEVERENOUGH is on a distinguished road

From what I hear and I don't know for sure because mine has been getting some tricks added but people are getting about 70-75 miles to the tank.
2006 limited yfz 450 mine
2003 Pred 500 wifes
1986 4trax 250R sons
1997 300ex daughter
2006 250ex daughter
2008 Teryx ours
NEVERENOUGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement