Teryx HQ banner

paddle tires on a teryx

9K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  glamisrob 
#1 ·
Hey. I took my teryx to the sand this weekend to check it out. It was a lot of fun and did pretty well. What I was wondering is if anyone runs paddle tires on their teryx. If so, what are the best paddles to go with? Mine is all stock, but it will have a cdi pretty soon. Any help would be great. Thanks.

#2 ·
Seems like the majority of people run the haulers in back and smoothies up front.

I need to start looking into doing something on mine as well, problem is I have 14" wheels.

#3 ·
I haven't taken ours to the sand yet but I was thinking about a set of paddles. People will run smoothies in the front, even though its 4x4? I understand not running paddles up front but at least some knobbies for a little traction. The only problem I have is I can barely fit in my toy hauler as it is, I don't know what to do if I add a set of paddles and make it sit even higher.

Andy

#7 ·
I will say most people who have been doing this say paddles up front slow ya down and smoothies give ya some sliding. I like the lumberjacks and smoothies on mine. I went 7 paddles...if ya got the horsepower 8 might work..Do not get itp paddles you will be sorry. I walked all over a friend who had itp's....

#8 ·
Testing

Tim Kelly has done some testing and he claims the 26x12x12 7 paddle extremes work best. I ran them last weekend the they did work very well. Hopefully by the first week in November I will have the set of 26x12x12 10 paddle glidders I ordered so I can test them and give you guys some feed back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.