CVT Transmission - How It Works - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Home Media Gallery Register Garage FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle Escrow Advertise

CVT Transmission - How It Works

This is a discussion on CVT Transmission - How It Works within the Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions forums, part of the The Garage category; I am sure there are some out there that are not quite sure how a CVT transmission works. With that

Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum > The Garage > Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions > CVT Transmission - How It Works

Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
CommanderTalk.com

dieselpowered has disabled reputation
Default CVT Transmission - How It Works

I am sure there are some out there that are not quite sure how a CVT transmission works. With that said, I was reading an article on 'How Stuff Works' and found this animated picture, pretty interesting article, I will post the link in case some of you want to read it. It is about CVT's in autos, however, the same pretty much still applies.

HowStuffWorks "Transmission Basics"
Attached Thumbnails
CVT Transmission - How It Works-cvt.gif  

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
dieselpowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

TERROR-X is on a distinguished road

VERY COOL DP. THANKS FOR POSTING THAT, I'M SURE ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO GET A GREAT IDEA OF HOW THE CVT ACTUALLY WORKS BY THAT ANNIMATION.
1.5 WHEEL SPACERS/ STOCK WHEELS FLIPPED AROUND/ I.F. BOLT ON CAGE WITH COOLER RACK/ WRANGLER BACK BENCH SEAT/ CROW HARNESSES/ FULL ALUMINUM TOP/ 850w STEREO SYSTEM WITH IPOD AND SATTELITE/ VELOCITY AIRFLOW KIT/ HUNTERWORKS CARB & BOX KIT/ MUZZY EXHAUST/ DYNATEK PROGRAMABLE CDI/ A.Z. BADBOYS CLUTCH MOD/ NGK IRIDIUM SPARK PLUGS/ SKAT TRAK EXTREME PADDLES AND SMOOTH BUFFS ON DOUG RED LABLE/ MORE TO COME.......
TERROR-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

bubbamace is on a distinguished road

My in-laws have a Nissan Maxima with the CVT and I was wondering how that worked. Thanks Diesel.
bubbamace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement