Teryx HQ banner

cracked carbs?!!!

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Hondok9 
#1 ·
Hey guys this is my first post as I just bought my "New to me 08 Teryx".

I bought it from a good friend, he is the only owner. He told me that he took it to his buddy's bike shop for work and they told him that the carbs were "cracked" and that's why it runs like it does. I've NEVER heard of such a thing. I think they were just trying to get $1000 out of him for new carbs.

It starts fine, but when in gear and you ease into the throttle it surges/bounces or kind of jerks at slow speed. Hammer on the gas and it runs great! At least I think it does. While in neutral if you ease into the throttle and hold it about halfway or less I can kind of hear/feel what sounds like a little gurgle/stutter or maybe a miss. I'm not sure. This is the first side-by-side I've ever owned so I have nothing to compare it to. I don't know what it is supposed to sound/run like. I would suspect the drive belt if it weren't for the symptoms in neutral, and him telling me that he had the belt changed every 100hrs or so. It has 232hrs on it now.

It is bone stock except for a Dynatek CDI (Rev Box I believe).

Todd, I would appreciate any insight you might have. Also I want to order the "Stop Kit" for the crank case breather hose but was unable to find it on your website.

See less See more
#3 ·
That is just what my friend said the bike shop told him. I don't believe it. I've bee looking for a good "compete" carb rebuild kit that includes EVERYTHING (every gasket, O ring, jet, needle, spring etc.) but have been unable to find one. I've been thinking about the kit from Hunterworks but it doesn't appear to have any O rings or gaskets in it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.