Heat Issues - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Heat Issues

For those of you running into heat issues, I am curious to know if you are running a windshield as well. Is it possible that a vacuum is created and actually just keep the hot air from the motor trapped in the cab?

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 08:39 AM

Heat issue

I am not sure if I am posting this right...this is my first forum...anyway, a few people mentioned taking the windshield off as a solution. Do you have 1/2 windshields?

I know that when we rode our first rhino in the mountains without any windshield, it created a vacuum that sucked the dirt into the center console. The windshield solved that problem for us. I was worried about having the same problem on the Teryx.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 10:23 AM

taking the windshield off got rid of my heat problems.having the roof and windshield on sucks in the dust.if you leave one off it doesnt do it

red le
30" XXL's
nukes
custom radio
belt snorkels
dyna
HW carb kit
overdrive plate
xpatv lift
super atv bumper
Night Owl Hids
k&N billet intake
grant wheel
yellow top optima

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 10:45 AM

I solved the heat issue by removing the old insulation from underneath the center console and replaced it with some thicker heat shielding insulation. Then I cut up an old sign and mounted it on both sides of the engine under the seats toward the insides of the seats. Then under the metal i added more of the insulation.
This cut out almost all of the heat and made it a lot quieter in the cab. I will dig out my camera and post some pics.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdriver View Post
I solved the heat issue by removing the old insulation from underneath the center console and replaced it with some thicker heat shielding insulation. Then I cut up an old sign and mounted it on both sides of the engine under the seats toward the insides of the seats. Then under the metal i added more of the insulation.
This cut out almost all of the heat and made it a lot quieter in the cab. I will dig out my camera and post some pics.
VERY cool! Looking forward to the pics, I was thinking of doing hte same thing with better heat insulation as well.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdriver View Post

Hi,

Have you taken any pictures? My Teryx center console gets HOT and I'm considering applying some type of insulation to the insides of the housing...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgregory View Post
Hi,

Have you taken any pictures? My Teryx center console gets HOT and I'm considering applying some type of insulation to the insides of the housing...
Before going to a lot of work, I'd do two simple things. Remove the winshield. Put 30 hours or so on the Teryx, it needs to get broke in. Those two things have pretty much ended my complaints with the heat. And believe me, at the very beginning, I felt it was nearly unrideable due to the heat....I mean it was HOT. At this point I don't intend to do any other mods related to heat.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcummins View Post
Before going to a lot of work, I'd do two simple things. Remove the winshield. Put 30 hours or so on the Teryx, it needs to get broke in. Those two things have pretty much ended my complaints with the heat. And believe me, at the very beginning, I felt it was nearly unrideable due to the heat....I mean it was HOT. At this point I don't intend to do any other mods related to heat.
+1 I agree 100%.

2011 Teryx Sport
2011 50" STD RZR LE
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcummins View Post

I have already exceeded 30 hours and removing the windshield *probably* won't help much as we ride slow in the mud and water. My leg tends to get hot and insulating the console seems to the best option...

On another note has anyone replaced the stock gas pedal with one allowing ones heel to rest on the floor board while driving?

Thanks!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 01:03 PM

2X has a bolt on kit around $30 or so. It works well, however I had gotten used to the stock pedal position and had to retrain my foot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement