Teryx HQ banner

Stock cage chopped 3.75"...Pics comming soon

21K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  tomanytoysnotnuftime 
#1 ·
Took me about 2.5 hours from start to finish. Looks great and everything bolted right up without any tweeking or bending of any bars. Very simple to do. Best of all no mods done to the headrest cross bar.

Your probably wandering why 3.75", simple, thats the distance of the 2 bolts on the bracket that holds the top cross bar or headrest bar to the side bars that are cut. So in reality when you take 3.75" from the side bars the cage drops down and you will use only one bolt to hold the top cross bar into place. This will be the top bolt on the bracket which will mount through the bottom bolt hole on teh headrest bar. Hopefully your not confused. This way absolutley no cutting or welding of the top cross bar( or headrest bar) has to be made for it to fit.

I removed the cage completely from the teryx, and made my first cut 12" up each pipe measureing from the bottom of the cage clamp. I made my cuts with a metal chop saw. Sawzall would be just as good. After you make your cuts be sure to clean out the stock pipes to de burr them before adding the sleeves.

You will need to get 1.75" OD sleeves. I used 6" lengths which went 3" into each pipe. I used selftapping screws to hold the sleeves inside the stock bars. AFter i welded up the bars i removed the screws and made a plug weld to fill the self tapping holes. In case you do have to use a rubber mallet to knock the cage down onto the sleeves you dont want your sleeve to be pushed down too far into the stock bar. Thats the reason for the tapping screws.

Everything turned out great. Just gotta find some paint to match the red and everything will be looking professional.

Pics will come soon. I have dial-up at my home and will try to get the pics uploaded on my comp at work.

Im not real mechanically inclined but if you have something to cut the pipes, a grinder, and a welder or a welding shop you can have it done in no time.

See less See more
#13 ·
I too would like to see these pic's
I am planning on doing the same thing so . . .
I'm thinking you might be out of luck here, this thread is from almost five years ago. Do some additional searching, there is a lot of info on this subject to be found.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.