Stock shock adjustment - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Home Media Gallery Register Garage FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle Escrow Advertise

Stock shock adjustment

This is a discussion on Stock shock adjustment within the Kawasaki Teryx Suspension Discussions forums, part of the The Garage category; Anybody played around with the stock shocks much? Seems a little on the rough side seeing how most of my

Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum > The Garage > Kawasaki Teryx Suspension Discussions > Stock shock adjustment

Kawasaki Teryx Suspension Discussions Kawasaki Teryx suspension discussions.
Long travel kits, shocks, a-arms, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 07:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

kawidriver is on a distinguished road
Default Stock shock adjustment

Anybody played around with the stock shocks much? Seems a little on the rough side seeing how most of my riding is rough wooded trails. Looks to me like the rears came adjusted to the soft or more open side. Not alot of adjustment left, but I've never adjusted collar types before.
kawidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2008, 09:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
CommanderTalk.com

dieselpowered has disabled reputation

The only thing that really appears to be adjustable is the pre-load, nothing that I can see to adjust anything else.

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
dieselpowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

kawidriver is on a distinguished road

Right. I'm going to play around with them a little this weekend and see if I can soften them up a some. I find it strange that the manual (shop & owners) tells you how to do the fronts and not the rears. I could use instruction for the rears, the fronts are easy. Maybe the guys at the dealer can help me out.
kawidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
CommanderTalk.com

dieselpowered has disabled reputation

I will take a look when I get home and see...I am almost positive that the only adjustments in the rear are pre-load.

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
dieselpowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

rhinokiller is on a distinguished road

Hey I'm going to put 28" mudlites on mine and I was wondering if I have to adjust them for the bigger size? I hear most people are stiffening them. By how much tho?
rhinokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement