Hello from Dubai - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Home Media Gallery Register Garage FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle Escrow Advertise

Hello from Dubai

This is a discussion on Hello from Dubai within the Member Introductions forums, part of the Member's Forums category; Hi all. I'm fixin to buy a used 2009 1100 km Teryx 750 vtwin, anything I should look out for,

Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum > Member's Forums > Member Introductions > Hello from Dubai

Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

View Poll Results: ANy members from Dubai?
Where does one get service work done in Dubai 1 100.00%
Are there any clubs in Dubai for offroad? 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

txcnguy is on a distinguished road
Talking Hello from Dubai

Hi all. I'm fixin to buy a used 2009 1100 km Teryx 750 vtwin, anything I should look out for, get checked, etc etc? I drove it for awhile seems ok.
Anything I should upgrade straight away? Can you get more speed out of them the owner says there are limited in speed?
We have sand sand and more sand here too much fun.

Dan
txcnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

DougS is on a distinguished road

Paddle tire
Motor upgrades would help too.
DougS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Engine upgrades

What typically is available to upgrade the engines? I see these power commander electronics kits, what do they do?
Old 11-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

How much more power do you want?
What is your budget?
Old 11-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

chad59 is on a distinguished road

Filter kit, Msd, Over Drive plate, Exhaust, are the big 4. will pep up your car quite a bit. then shed weight, bed delete, cage. then suspension Long travel kit. can spend alot on these, and they are enjoyable at all stages. Have fun
chad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Upgrades

Thanks chad 59
So for the first suggestion, I assume you mean like an K&N filter replacement? That's pretty standard for most engines.
What exactly is an MSD? Sorry I'm not up to speed on the acronyms here.
Exhausts, there seems to be a lot of price variation out there, from just a straight bolt on replacement to dual pipes, mufflers etc.
My goal isn't radical power, just like to tinker with bolt on upgrades without a lot of heavy modification work.
What exhaust can give me the best benefit vs cost?
I assume also the overdrive plate requires some level of dismantling of the engine/tranny?
Do you have some specific vendor suppliers? Since I am in UAE I would have to mail order stuff, I usually use ebay alot. I would also want to do work myself. The electonic modules what exactly do they do? I am computer savy so I could handle that I suppose.
I pick up my buggy tonight so I'll post a picture.
Thanks
Old 11-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

Engine kit from, Fundy/TRD, FST, Muzzy, etc all would help lots.
Muzzy or Dasa seem to be the most popular exhaust.
MSD MSD Ignition
Long travel - Lots of suppliers out there.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

Well I did buy the machine, and finally after much neglect it is up to standard. Fuel pump was gone, had to change shift diff cable, park brake cable switch out of adjustment, badly weathered body, so I got it repainted and put AMR graphics kit, got the bars blasted and powder coated, upgrades to big gun EVO muffler with silencer, Airaid box, have an MSD on the way, wheel spacer, EPI belt and sand clutch, Xenon lights, KC lights, upgraded the old rad fan to a performance one, highly recommended mod, winch kit, voltmeter, new steering wheel, carry a fire extinguisher I see dead chassis completely burnt in the desert here in Dubai. Valve adjustment and sand clutch next job.
So far its a good machine, low power compared to the newer units out there but I cant go fast anyway over dunes. I have done all of it myself in the front yard of the villa, actually I really enjoyed working on it. These things are quite easy to work on.
I cant find those plastic rivets anywhere, not the stock ones, there are alot of other types plus the fender screws and rings any one know where to buy them? A few were lost. I'll post a pic soon.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

uaqsports is on a distinguished road

you should keep it lighter and you seem to put too much acc. on it which make it heavier,
my advice:
remove all heavy stuff and keep you oem filter with the MSD and evo muffler (muzzy better) try to get better tires and lighter bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcnguy View Post
Well I did buy the machine, and finally after much neglect it is up to standard. Fuel pump was gone, had to change shift diff cable, park brake cable switch out of adjustment, badly weathered body, so I got it repainted and put AMR graphics kit, got the bars blasted and powder coated, upgrades to big gun EVO muffler with silencer, Airaid box, have an MSD on the way, wheel spacer, EPI belt and sand clutch, Xenon lights, KC lights, upgraded the old rad fan to a performance one, highly recommended mod, winch kit, voltmeter, new steering wheel, carry a fire extinguisher I see dead chassis completely burnt in the desert here in Dubai. Valve adjustment and sand clutch next job.
So far its a good machine, low power compared to the newer units out there but I cant go fast anyway over dunes. I have done all of it myself in the front yard of the villa, actually I really enjoyed working on it. These things are quite easy to work on.
I cant find those plastic rivets anywhere, not the stock ones, there are alot of other types plus the fender screws and rings any one know where to buy them? A few were lost. I'll post a pic soon.

uaqsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement