Buyers from four stroke tech, beware. POOR customer service. Look elsewhere. - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Home Media Gallery Register Garage FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle Escrow Advertise

Buyers from four stroke tech, beware. POOR customer service. Look elsewhere.

This is a discussion on Buyers from four stroke tech, beware. POOR customer service. Look elsewhere. within the Vendor / Member Feedback forums, part of the Member's Marketplace category; I have never been more dissapointed in a company and you can be sure I will never do business and

Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum > Member's Marketplace > Vendor / Member Feedback > Buyers from four stroke tech, beware. POOR customer service. Look elsewhere.

Vendor / Member Feedback Share past experiences you've had with vendors or members.
Verification / proof will be requested on all negative feedback.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 07:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

grizzjeeper is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Buyers from four stroke tech, beware. POOR customer service. Look elsewhere.

I have never been more dissapointed in a company and you can be sure I will never do business and will pass along the word to EVERYONE I know to avoid them and point them in another direction and here is why.

I ordered my standard bore kit at the end of Feburary, received the first week of march. Went straight to my engine builder with all my parts etc. Gaskets took another two weeks and the engine builder was backed up but I was in no hurry as I couldnt ride this time of year anyway. Well I didnt realize my enginee builder didnt send back the core cams. I e-mailed Mickey about where to send to and what the procedure was and basically he says what does your work order say? I said I dont have one,whatever the case the workorder is gone. He knows he sold it to me, bought it through THIS forum and will not honor his word. So any of you gotten your core charge back after 60 days from purchase? Just piss poor business practice. WOW.

Here is his e-mail after I said I dont have a work order (I never even opened the box when I gave it to the engine builder)

Everyone gets a work order/ receipt,plus I tell everyone the way refunds work and how long they have to get the cores back here. I looked at how many core we have now and we have more then what we need already so at this time I would say I'm sorry but I don't need a over stock of cams.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2009, 08:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Four Stroke Tech is on a distinguished road

This is the part of the net I don't like. It seEms that everything is great as long as a business does everything the way the customer likes,but boy God forbid the customer is at fault and dosn't do his part! Here is the rest of the story. Every customer gets a work order/receipt. On it,it is spelled out that you have 30 days to get your cores back to us and that there is a 10% core fee charged. On top of that I tell every customer this BEFORE they ever place a order with me. This order was sent out the 25th of Feb., this order would have taken 2 days to get to him making it the 27th. So no later then the first of April give or take we should have got the cams back. Now we do this so we can run our business efficiently. Around the first of each month we have to buy more cams to keep everything flowing through here on time,in order to keep things in stock. We make it very clear before and after the sale and in writing. But now because the customer did not do what he was told it is now my fault. This is the oldest game in the book,THE BLAIM GAME. This is no different then any other business,everyone in the industry has the same practice so we can run our business right.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Congratulations.

I received the product late AFTER YOU SCREWED up because of a late return. So yeah go ahead thats fine your right I didnt have the details of the core charge return time frame. Didnt expect I would get the full amount but I didnt expect to get this responce either. Net or not this was a VERY simple issues and because of your lack of customer service the other three people who have teryx's who are going to be doing kits on theirs will now be going elsewhere. Yeah I know its only three but maybe you ought to rethink your business practices and not rely on a peice of paper that tells the customer they lose the core charge $300 If I remember right if they are not prompt at returning. Hell you were not prompt in sending me the product when it was supposed to be shipped. I can post those e-mails as well where you were making excuses.

Like I said no problem I would like to hear what others have to say on this topic. I am just a normal guy, you know I have delt with a lot of vendors on here and all of them have gone above and beyond without me even asking.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Magellan is on a distinguished road

I am a normal guy as well. I talked to Mickey on the phone and he told me about the cam return time, and he made it very clear to me. I also got a note in my package on my invoice that told the policy again, I will try to find it and take a photo. I also had some technical questions during the install and Mickey called me back and helped pretty quickly after I left a message. This is 100% honestly my experience dealing with Mickey (FST).

I don't have a dog in this fight, but you asked for others experience with Mickey and his customer service. My experience with him was very good and all communication was friendly and very clear.

I am shocked to hear you did not understand or were not made aware of the return time frame as I was told multiple times and I got my cams back about 2 weeks before the time limit was over. I have seen you on the forums and you always seem like a straight shooter, so not sure how this issue happened, but the important thing is how it is handled from this point, I am sure something can be worked out, at least I hope it can.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply. I mistakenly purchased through the forum without actually ever talking with him. Tough lesson learned.

I am sure he is a good guy and helpful I am just tweaked on his handling of the situation. If anything hopefully others will at least learn from my mistake.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Magellan is on a distinguished road

I also purchased through the forum, but I did call and talk to him on the phone to help make the decision to go 840 or STD BORE. The return policy was clearly marked on my invoice that came with my kit as well. I will try to find it today and post a pic, not sure if I actually kept it or not right now. Testing the Muzzy's Whisper Cores today.

Again, sorry to hear and hope it can be worked through in the end.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:09 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks.

I dont doubt it is. I just never saw it. I just had a box full of newspaper and my used parts and instructions on the installation when i got it back from my guy.

Obviously if I had known there was a strict time frame of 60 days I would have been a bit more diligent.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Four Stroke Tech is on a distinguished road

I sold this kit to him at the sale price because it was return and bought on sale when it was not on sale to him. I went the 2nd mile then and now I am going the 3rd mile and giving him a refund. Not because he posted this.Buyers from four stroke tech, beware. POOR customer service. Look elsewhere.-work-order.jpg
Old 05-15-2009, 09:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Here we go again.

You had a sale around xmas time. I put my name in and you offered it to me. I was on vacation and when i replied you said they were sold out. Next round you had a return and offered it up again. I was the first to reply another guy called so you offered it to both of us.

Not sure how this has anything do do with my issue.

Second if this is what is in the box, yeah i have that. I see NOTHING about when the core charge needs to be turned in under 60 days all I see is if i returned what i bought in 30 days (standard procatice) and a 10 core charge fee.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

DASARACING is on a distinguished road

Either way ..... FST is making it right and now everyone is happy.

DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread