Teryx HQ banner

Disabling KEBC

7K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Mikeomo 
#1 ·
Anyone know if it's possible to completely remove KEBC electric motor without causing problems? I was thinking of removing the motor & arm assy., seal the hole, & remove the fuse.

#4 ·
But if I could get rid of it I would. I was told it may also disable 4wd by removing the fuse, but don't know about just disconnecting the plug to kebc.

#9 · (Edited)
I pulled the engine brake contoller motor off, plugged the hole, & pulled the fuse also. It did not effect operation of the 4wd like it does on the ATV's. I just figured that if it's not doing anything I don't need it.

With the weight reduction and Hunterworks decal I had to have gained some speed:D

#12 ·
when i took mine off of my 700 prairie it probably cut the braking in half.it would still work but it would also freehweel more

#14 ·
Mine will coast at idle, all I do is hold a few RPM and the belt stays engaged. I demonstrate on the FPV #2 video on my youtube site. I really like it a lot better like it is now with the Dalton Clutch and OD Cover and no KEBC, form removed and also unplugged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.