Teryx HQ banner

Best all terrain tire

11K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  Desertdog615 
#1 ·
just like the title says. i am looking to see what the best all terrain tire is.
right now i have mudlites and hate them. the ride sucks and they throw crap everywhere.

i ride mostly in the woods with stuff such as mud, hard and soft dirt, grave, rocks, leaves, water, etc etc.

i am leaning towards terracross, wondering about bighorns 2.0 and just wondering if anyone with similiar riding conditions can weigh in?

#3 ·
I run a set of the Goodyear MT/Rs and they have been good! I have heard some great things about the Bighorn 2.0s, I would give them a try!

#6 ·
Bighorns are big and bad. I have had mine in everything. Tight trails, river bottoms, man made mud pits, dunes (not so good for loose sand but managable) and rocks. Ride good on pavement and no flats so far.

#9 ·
I just put bighorn 2.0's on my 840 teryx. They are 26x12, the traction is great! With my stock tires and the power of the 840 all they would do is spin, they would actaully break loose at 50 mph, not fun!! I have no more traction problems, they are about inch taller than the stockers. The ride is much better but due to the high sidewall some of the high speed turns arent as good as the stockers. I wish I wouldve went the 14" now or even the 25" with the 12" wheel.

#18 ·
I have the Terra Cross on 14" ITP SS 212's and I like them. I don't think they are as durable as Bighorns. The Terra Cross are great Trail and even hill climbing tires. They are not durable for hard top. I have about 90 hours on them the fronts are in good shape but the rears are only about 60%. They do not wash out in the turns like the stock tires. these grip and go. I run my Teryx in 2 wd 90% of the time, also like to kick the a@@ around every chance I get, that may be my wear problem. But my next will be the Bighorns, or DOT approved tires like General AT's.

#12 ·
Anyone out there ever try Holeshots on their Teryx. My brother has a set of the 26" that he is not using, he had them on his BruteForce 750, been thinking about putting them on the factory rims to try out. I think they would be good on hardpack trails and sandy stuff, always loved them on my race quads.

#14 ·
I hear that the Carlisle 489's are good.
Work well in sand and dirt, but not sure on rocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.