Teryx HQ banner

Tire size differences

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mouser58 
#1 ·
I was checking out the Interco tires. Was kinda looking at putting a set of of Super Swampers (27X12X12) on the rear @ 27.4" OD and Vampires (27X10X12) on the front @ 26.9" OD. Does anyone know if the 1/2" diameter difference will tear up the tranny or associated gearbox parts. I know in the mud, I'll be ok, but Hardpack hill climbing or rock crawling where there is no chance to spin, things might tend to bind???

#2 ·
Not quite sure you want to mix and match tire diameters. I will leave this to be answered by those who know more than me, however, it has been my understanding this is not a good idea.

If I am wrong, then I am about to learn something ;)

#3 ·
all of the vamps run short,id say those 27's will be shorter than what you posted.my friends 26x9 vamps measure around 24"s.put some edls on the front of it,they will be the same height

#4 ·
Thanks. The numbers that I put on there were the advertised OD from their webpage.. Has anyone ever checked some of the more used and liked tires (Mudlites, MTRs etc) to see how close they are to the advertised sizes? I have heard that if you run less air for traction purposes, you could lose as much as 2" of height. THe tire outfits are relying on the 7" (skinny) rims to get the tire heights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.