Teryx HQ banner

Finally got it and started getting it ready!!!

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Turtle 
#1 ·
Well here is the reason I was selling some of my other "toys". We went and picked this up on Friday.

2008 Kawasaki Teryx Camo(base model)

I decided to go with the base model and add the options I wanted. Here is what I have:

Rims and Tires
--ITP SS112 rims
--ITP 26" Mud Lite XL tires

Extras
--Camo bikini top
--Full Windshield
--Fender Flares
--Billet Shift Knob

Extras Not On Yet
--Cup Holders
--Digital Dash
--Gas Assist For The Dump Bed
--Warn RT30 #3000 Winch

I am hoping to get front and rear bumpers built for it also.

See less See more
#2 ·
Congradulations on your purchase...so what do you think? Are you happy with it?

Looks great!

#3 ·
Yes I am REALLY happy with it. Put about 2 hours on it this evening. I was debating if I should get an ATV or a Side X Side. I went and test drove a Rhino and the Teryx about a month agao. After driving both I knew it was going to be a Teryx hands down if I got the Side X Side. The wife and I discussed which one woul best suit us and as you can see we went with the Teryx. It handled the trails in the woods great and was very comfortable.

#4 ·
It is a fantastic machine...be sure to keep us updated as you add new toys to it!!

#5 ·
Your new ride

Diesel, Your new ride is looking good. I assume the bimini roof is OEM, or am I wrong? Also, where did you get the front fender flares & the full windshield. I've been thinking of getting the roof & windshield for colder weather riding, but was wondering if they are hard to install/remove? I'd like to put them on/take them off in a matter of minutes without a lot of tools or bother.

#6 ·
Diesel, Your new ride is looking good. I assume the bimini roof is OEM, or am I wrong? Also, where did you get the front fender flares & the full windshield. I've been thinking of getting the roof & windshield for colder weather riding, but was wondering if they are hard to install/remove? I'd like to put them on/take them off in a matter of minutes without a lot of tools or bother.
Hey my friend, actually that machine shown is hitman2565's new machine. I have a red Teryx ;)

With that said, I can answer a few of your questions and will leave the rest to hitman. Kawasaki now has available on their website all the parts of the LE model individually. Also, are kawasaki fender flares (which look really nice by the way)

Product Sub - Kawasaki.com

#7 ·
Sorry about confusing your ride

Diesel, Guess I should have known yours would be red & black-Duh! But, anyway, Hitman YOURS is sharp then & I'll bet Diesel's red & black is too. I'll have to check the Kawi site to see about the fender flares & what I thought was a Bimini top, but actually is called Bikini-us old farts don't know the difference between a place & a ladie's swimsuit -getting pretty bad! My son has some plexiglass that he thought he'd use to craft a full windshield for me, but I'm wondering if that is like lexan & more prone to scratch.

#8 ·
Here are your answers "Turtle":

Yes the bikini top is a Kawasaki item.
Yes the fender flares are factory Kawasaki items.
Yes the windshield is factory Kawasaki also.

That being said I was like you and I was considering doing my own windshield. After researching things and looking things over I am glad I decided to go with the factory full windshield. The bikini top is easy to take on and off plus you don't need any tools to do it. The windshield takes 2 guys to install but after you do it I don't see it being that big of a problem to take it off if you wanted to. When we got it home I took it out for a little spin before the extras were installed. After installing the windshield I don't think it will be coming off after riding it this weekend. If you have any other questions feel free to ask as I would like to help anyone with an answer or opinion as the rest of these guys have done that for me whether they know it or not.

#9 ·
Thanks

Thanks guy, I appreciate the info & apologize again for confusing you with Diesel-not that he's the worst person I could confuse you with! As you probably can tell I'm equally inept with computers and mechanical stuff! I barely know more than right pedal = go & left = stop. Also haven't figured out the difference between posts & threads on a blog site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.