Teryx HQ banner

cleaning air filter'

10K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Fox Run 
#1 ·
How often should the air filter be cleaned and oiled? I read somewhere that someone had their warranty voided because they didn't clean after each time thet went out. Has anyone had warranty problems after switching to an aftermarket filter? I like the filter and billet adapter that Hunterworks offer, But I don't want warranty issues.:banging:

#2 ·
i ride desert and dunes 100% of the time...i run an uni filter, and i make sure to clean mine after every weekend (sometimes during the weekend if it gets real bad). better safe than sorry!

#8 ·
suck up dirt? is this just a 08 thing? ive never sucked up any dirt on my 09. but i always grease my filter ends before sticking it back in after a cleaning. any body else do this?

#5 ·
Hunterworks and the rest of the venders here will help you out any way they can . Trust thier advice on modificatios ( filters , plenum rings , jetting exhausts ) and you should have no problems . Just give him a call with your concerns and he'll steer you straight .

#12 ·
To all u guys out there with the warranty, it was a waste of money for me.Kaw first said my air filter was dirty and that is what caused my engine to go. Then when i called them back with the findings of the crank bearing not installed correctly,they said i ran it with no oil...............They just did;nt want to help me one of the guys from kaw hanged up on me.F... them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.