Teryx HQ banner

F-150 & Teryx

13K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  CaptainCrab 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm going to buy a F150 here in the near future, and I was wondering if anybody loads their Teryx in the bed of their 1/2 ton truck. The Teryx exceeds the bed capacity by about 300 lbs. Is anybody having any issues with the truck from doing this (repeatedly)?

If so, I'll just go to the junk yard and get some F-250 springs for it I guess... but I'd rather keep the stock springs if nobody's had issues.

#2 ·
you would be a whole lot better off to buy you a pull behind trailer to haul it with..it is way too much trouble to haul a teryx in a pickup especially if it has aftermarket wheels and tires on it..you have to run over the wheel wells and you will just tear your truck all to hell.get you a trailer and dont worry about anymore.thats my opinion.it can be done nonetheless...its just troublesome.

#4 ·
I have a trailer that I currently haul it in, just seems to me like putting it in the bed would be a lot simpler. I could just back the truck up to the garage, drop the ramp, load it, and off I go. Plus my trailer is 1000 lbs, nearly doubling how much weight I pull. Stock wheels, rims, etc. No long travel and none planned.

#7 ·
If you really want to haul it in your half ton, install air bags on the rear (better ride when empty than 3/4) and get a big block for the front of the bed so your bumper stays off the rear window, get a good spray in liner (traction and protection) it can be a pain to get over the wheel wells when wet and muddy, and you will have to carry some heavy duty ramps.

#8 ·
Also be sure to tie the ramps to the truck. If you don't as you spin the tires to get over the inner fenders, the ramps shoot out the back & the rex lands on the tailgate & its never the same again. (Experience)

#10 ·
Mikeomo, I haul my 2008 Teryx in the bed of my 2007 F150 1/2 ton super-Cab 4X4 all the time. I use a Gate saver from PDS Fabrication, A good set of folding alum. ramps. I have Air bags on the truck and I built out of 2X6's a shelf to keep the Teryx's tires from dropping over the truck wheel wells and putting the bumper through the rear window of the truck.

Mike

#23 ·
Man, just seems like after air bags, gate saver and ramps...a trailer is just as good. My 2500 (gas engine) drops 3 MPG pulling my Teryx on a trailer, I can't imagine if I loaded it in the bed it would save me anything...also everytime you load it in the bed your risking a broken rear window.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.