Teryx HQ banner

teryx 840 vs cat 1000?

7K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  uae 
#1 ·
has anyone raced a teryx 840 against a arctic cat prowler 1000?i know the cat is geared higher so it should be able to get a higher top end but just asking...there is one around here claiming 91 mph and it has exhaust and some modified sheaves..?maybe vforcejohn done it ..i dont know...it was supposed to been side by side with a truck when it ran 91.is this possible?

#6 ·
If the 840 is tuned properly and the cat is stock, the 840 should smoke it!! I can run right with a can am 800 Quad in 500' with my 840. I think the can am and cat 1000 quad are pretty close in 500', the can am might even be a little quicker, so add the extra 400 lbs to the cat sidexside and it shouldnt be a problem. I dont have any first hand experience with one though. There is a prowler in our area but we havent met up YET! My buddies claim that thier stock RZR S runs right with it and I can kill a RZR S!

#9 ·
well i dont think it should be fair to the arctic cat being full weight even though it is a bigger engine in it.after i get my clutch done and tuned just right i will see for my self.im not going to strip my teryx down to nothing to just outrun a prowler.i think the 840 will be able to outrun a 1000 in a short drag race but there is no way a teryx will be able to run the top speeds that the prowler can achieve.the 1000 will run 75 mph stock.

#10 ·
I looked at that guys claim of 85-100 mph. When you see 15mph difference at that speed there is something way wrong with his numbers.5mph difference would be crazy but I could see something like that with or with out fenders. Got to watch what people say when it comes to HP and speed numbers when it comes to people selling stuff baced on that. Just because he says it on the net don't mean its true.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.