Teryx HQ banner

Muzzy Exhaust Wrap worth it??

4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  DamnBigPapa 
#1 ·
Anyone out there use the exhaust wrap sold by Muzzys to reduce heat off the pipes? Just wondering if it helps with the heat problem and worth the trouble and expense to put it on. Also, are there any negatives to using it??

#2 ·
You dont have to use Muzzy's wrap. Any exhaust wrap will do. I would recomend wrapping your front pipe. It does help with heat but it will have to be re-wrapped about every year. Depending how often your in mud will depend on how long it last.

#6 ·
I used the 2" stuff from an auto parts store. You soak it in water first to make it easier to stretch around corners. Someone on here said they put it on while the pipes were on the bike, but he must be a bad dude. I took mine off and it still wasn't easy. After installing it I let it dry for a couple of days and then used the heat paint/sealer by the same manufacturer, then re-installed the pipes. It made a huge difference on my 08. The 09-10 have more heat protection from the factory. The console used to get super hot and now only gets warm even in the summer. I don't know about longevity yet.

#7 ·
I've always been a fan of header wrap. As well as keeping the temps down under the console, it will also help keep the temps down on any plastic that runs close to the pipes. I actually melted a good bit of plastic that was close to the X-pipe portion. Now that my motor is out, the pipes will get wrapped. I agree with the sentiment that any header wrap will do. I've found good deals on summit and jegs as well.
Take your time and don't get stingy on the clamps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.