Teryx HQ banner

Rumor? UTV Manufacturers cutting production

7K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  POWERTRIP 
#1 ·
I was on a call with one of the guys at Diamo yesterday. He was telling me that all the UTV manufacturers were cutting production due to lawsuits and a possible change in federal law banning UTV's.

He said he heard a couple of them had hot new models but just plain scraped them due to this.

Anybody heard any of this or can you find out something about this?

#3 ·
Sure there is one famous SXS maker that has countless laysuits against them but have you heard of any they have lost yet? Don't believe everything your hear. If there is any cut in production (which I doubt) it will be because of the economy and hard to come by finanacing.

#4 ·
I agree with you Yamaha has won every case that I have seen, I don't see a ban on side by sides, good friend of mine borrowed my Rhino to use at Boyscouts of America yearly comfrence, he said he had 2 quads but they would not allow them on the scout camp grounds but they could use a side by side.

#9 ·
The only issue we been hearing and its still a floating arouns is the BAN on 4 seaters... If the vehicle was designed as a 2 seater then it has to stay as a 2 seater...

So far no BAN on Calif as of yet but it keeps coming up every season.

The main issue is the economy not many units are being produces because sales are down but not the prices.

#15 ·
In terms of the lawsuits, what we hear about are the two or three hand selected cases Yahama decided to take to trial ... and won. This is good because it sends a message to the Plaintiff's lawyers. However, what we don't hear about are all the confidential settlements that Yahama is paying in many other cases. These settlements combined with defense fees and expert costs are very expensive for the company.

#17 ·
Gotta call BS on that one..sorry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.