Teryx HQ banner

Cognito teryx build

11K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  COGNITO 
#1 ·
i wanted to share my build with everyone, i have lots of pics and will keep posting them up as i have time. 2008 teryx

this build started at the suspension level, then the cage and accessories so i will try and keep it in order!

here are a couple pics of the proto type rear Cognito long travel suspension with 6.5" Fox piggyback RC2 shocks!

here is a rear comparison, stock vs Cognito LT kit

and then a front comparison

See less See more
#5 ·
Looking good!

Quick question, was there a specific reason why you chose to do a boxed upper arm and a tubular lower arm?

I am not a suspension guru, so I thought maybe there is a specific reason (other than just for looks)

Nice job!

#6 ·
i call the arm that carries the shock, the load arm. The load arm is taking most of the abuse, since it is working to control wheel position and suspension loads. It is more efficient (strength/weight ratio) to build the load arm from sheet metal (when built properly).

The other arm i call the carrier arm. The carrier arm is there mainly to control wheel position. So the carrier arm doesnt have to be as strong in the vertical bending direction, therefore we build that arm lighter duty to help keep costs and weight down.

thanks!

#7 ·
next up, cage work. i had to get a friends help since i had no time to work on it and get it to SEMA on time. i bent up the Main rails, built the rear bumper and then took the whole mess over to Ironworks Speed and Kustom to have them finish it. we first dropped the seats 2.1/2 inches, and widened them 2". Then we had to widen the rear cage bung to clear the seats.

#9 ·
You are building a very nice rex so far. What are you Lt kits going to run? Maybe we could do a package deal I need to lift my dually and my rex need long travel lol. Keep up the progress pics can't wait to see it done.

#18 ·
Man this thing is turning out super bitchen. I was ready to pull the trigger on one of your lt kits but need to rebuild the motor so it will have to wait. Keep us updated on the build.

#23 ·
I would really like to see some better pic of the cage, is there anywhere I can see some better pics, I am working on my cage now but I really like yours, I don't know what your deal is with the cage, if you are selling them you might not want to give some of your designs, I see something very unique in yours and would really like to get some good shots, maybe if you can't send them maybe you can tell me where I might be able to go and see them on another site, Also I really like your long travel and it seems like you have some very good pricing, when I get my motor and cage and all of the many other thing that I am doing now, I can get with you on a long travel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.