Teryx HQ banner

Muzzy db level

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Magellan 
#1 ·
I've been reading about the Muzzy exhaust. I'm waiting on Todd to do his test to see if the hp gains are worth it. My other concern is that it may be too loud for me. I know "if its too loud, your too old" but I've gotten to the point where I like to ride and not have all that noise. If I want loud, I'll get on my 86' ATC250R. Can anyone tell me about how much louder the Muzzy is over stock? I was hoping db would be about the same just better tone. I have a feeling thats wishful thinking.

#2 ·
Crash.......I hear you (but not that well LOL) I too have been wondering since I will be using my Teryx for hunting. Like you, I'd like a little throatier sound, but not a big db gain. I imagine someone out there (maybe Muzzy themselves) would be able to help with info.

#7 ·
It is definately louder, and I actually posted the dB rating some time ago...I need to find that. If I remember correctly, I seem to think that it was 4 dB louder than the factory system. It is hard to determine as Kawasaki will not release their dB rating and I do not have the equipment to test.

#8 ·
I just got my Muzzy on today, along with Hunter works airbox kit. This dual exhaust is absolutely the exhaust to buy. Ive heard 4 different pipes that are all annoyingly way to loud. This pipe sounds perfect, just slightly louder than stock. And performance is great. pulls hard through Low mid and high rpms. And it of course looks better than anything else. P.S. I also had the head pipes heat wrapped. JUST GO GET ONE, YOU KNOW ITS THE TICKET!!! GOOD LUCK GUYS

#9 · (Edited)
It is definitely louder than stock with the screens and quiet cores in. At an event with about 3K+ people, I had the loudest vehicle out of roughly 150 carts/SxS/ATV's/Club Car customized rides.

It was described to me by a friend that is no stranger to ATV/Motorcycles that is is not that loud, but it is a low tone that carries a long distance. We were on at least a 750 acre mostly flat field and people could hear me clearly over 1/2 to 1 mile away and some complained to the organizers no BS. I was not raising any hell either just driving around. I had to transition to a EZ-GO gas golf cart after about 9PM each night at the event so I would not get banned.

Overall I really like the Muzzy's and I am still searching for the right jet combo, the heat wrap has lowered my cockpit temps by a good amount. It is louder... by a large margin, it may not be that many db, but it is WAY louder where you would not be able to hear the stock exhaust, the Muzzy's you can hear very clearly. The sound is MEAN and low and great, a couple of ATV friends flipped out when I went screaming by the other day. It was kinda fun.

+1 on what holyhotrod says about pulls hard. I could feel a low to midrange BIG improvement with the Muzzys. For example... Taking people for a ride. Take off and accelerate to about 20-25 easy and when they say.. is that all you got, NAIL IT! This is one spot you will feel the Muzzy's #Investment". <G>

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.