Teryx HQ banner

Discussion Topic For Dynatek Performance Coils

10K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  puckshooter72 
#1 ·
Dragonfire Racing has been kind enough to supply us with a set of Dynatek Performance Coils for use on our Teryx build.

We are very excited to be working with them and are anxious to get the kit installed on the machine.

You can check out the Dragonfire Racing website at:

Yamaha Rhino Accessories, Yamaha Rhino Performance, Arctic Cat Prowler, Polaris Ranger, Custom Yamaha Rhino @ DragonFireRacing.com

Installation will be featured on the TeryxHQ Teryx build page while discussions will take place in this thread. If you have questions, comments, etc. please feel free to post them in this thread.

#2 ·
Hey there DP,
I am interested in knowing how much improvment, if any did the performance coil make?
Did the hotter spark make you run any leaner or could you notice anything?
I just got my ride back from the shop after the jetting and airbox install to compliment my Muzzy install. Per the dyno report this thing is making 42.85 HP at the wheels. The Muzzy sounds incredible!!!!

#3 ·
Hi there, it is hard to say if it messed with the jetting at all since they were installed when the 840 kit was installed and then dyno'd. I do not think they will though, but do not know for sure.

I can tell you that when they ran it on the dyno they did mention that unlike other Teryx's they have dyno'd mine did not have that miss in the midrange.

As far as power, I cannot tell you if I gained anything.

#5 ·
Thanks for the info. I have ordered the performance coil just to make sure I am getting the best possible burn and remove the mid range miss.

#6 ·
for the guys that installed the coils. did u follow the directions on how to mount them? Or did u mount them where the stock on's where?

#8 ·
i just don't get it Y change location and not use the stock wires .

#10 ·
Would these serve any benifits on a stock motor ?

#11 ·
i'm putting them on my stock motor. Maybe i should really look at it 1st. i just looked at the directions, i just didn't like the extra wires that u have to connect. Just seems like your adding more connection location to have problems. I'm going to try to mount them in the stock locations

#13 ·
Please keep us updated on your results .

#12 ·
Have any of you tried changing just the plug wires? This is a popular mod on the KFX 700 and Prairie/Brute Force. I did it to my Prairie and start up, acceleration is awesome. I'm doing it to the Teryx while its down for the SBK and valve job, I'll let you know how it goes.

#14 ·
i installed them the way the instruction said to. All i can say is it starts alot easier. I did the coils and took off the factory LE roof. I wanna do a top speed run to see if it gave me hp.

The stock brackets for the LE roofs make good brackets for the coils.

bduncan1231, I don't think u can take the plug wires off of the stock coils. I didn't want to yank on it to hard, just incase the dyna shit the bed.

#15 ·
I've got mine down for a SBK and I'm going to mess with it this weekend. I'll be careful with the wires. I know just using them on my Prairie made a world of difference on start up, acceleration, and running smoother

#16 ·
anyone know if these are the same for 09 and up models (FI)? The ones i see listed on there website are for the 08.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.