Teryx HQ banner

Discussion Topic For Muzzys Performance Dual Exhaust

44K views 91 replies 36 participants last post by  LeeRain 
#1 ·
Muzzys Performance has been kind enough to supply us with their full dual stainless exhaust sytem for use on our Teryx build.

We are very excited to be working with them and are anxious to get the exhaust sytem installed on the machine.

You can check out the Muzzys Performance website at:

Muzzys Performance Motorcycle Exhaust Systems & Parts

Installation will be featured on the TeryxHQ Teryx build page while discussions will take place in this thread. If you have questions, comments, etc. please feel free to post them in this thread.

#2 ·
The Muzzy has always been the best exhuast on Kawie V-Twins. They make the most hp and sound the best. The teryx one is supposed to be two into one back into two canisters to keep noise to a minumum, I heard they will offer a quiet core for the hunters and for the real sensitive noise areas.

#3 ·
Yes we are quite excited to get it here and installed. I have always had great luck with the Muzzys, therefore, do not think this experience will be any different. The system looks great, definately a welcomed addition to the project.

#4 ·
So did the muzzy ehaust show up yet? If not probably this next week huh.

#5 ·
No not yet, I believe they are just finishing up and getting ready to start shipping production units.

#7 ·
Anybody know what the db's are going to be on the muzzy? I want the performance of an aftermarket exhaust but I don't want it to dang loud.

#8 ·
Spoke to Muzzys and they just put the exhaust on the Teryx. While they could say the exhaust sounds nice and throaty, they have not taken an official sound reading as of yet. As soon as they have that information, I will be sure to share it with you. Sounds like units will start shipping Friday, April 25th or Monday, April 28th.

#10 ·
That is good news that they are about ready to ship. Please keep us updated as to sound and cost. Maybe diesel should do a pipe shootout what do you think.

#11 ·
#12 ·
OUCH that is spendy compared to the Gibson. How much more powere can it produce? Regardless that is to rich for my blood. I can think of a lot of ways to spend that kind of coin.

#15 ·
I believe there has been such a test I will have to look for it after work. Todd from Hunterworks might chime in it might have been him that has done this test.

#17 ·
Muzzy exhaust system

Well I have a 5 seater teryx with the dynatek cdi and thats it for mods. I raced the exact same teryx with the AFE intake and the muzzy exhaust system. thats the only difference between the two other than the other teryx also had long travel which should have been in my favor. We raced and it wasnt reallly a race at all, he kicked my ass to be blunt. And it sounds so nice!!! Just thought I would share that with all of you.

#21 ·
Well I have a 5 seater teryx with the dynatek cdi and thats it for mods. I raced the exact same teryx with the AFE intake and the muzzy exhaust system. thats the only difference between the two other than the other teryx also had long travel which should have been in my favor. We raced and it wasnt reallly a race at all, he kicked my ass to be blunt. And it sounds so nice!!! Just thought I would share that with all of you.
Hey djmahaff, Did the other guy have a CDI? It sounds like he didn't, but just curious?

#18 ·
Ya the Muzzys pipe sound awesome to say the least. :good:

#22 ·
#23 ·
So I thought I would let you all know that we finally ran the Teryx with the 840cc kit and the Muzzys...let me just tell you that it sounds incredible, I got a TON of compliments :good:

#27 ·
Well you guys, I rode with some other Rhino owners this past weekend...840cc or not, they will smoke me. It is not always about how fast the vehicle can go, it is about how fast the driver is ;)

But sure, straight line, no problem!

#29 ·
Kinda off topic, but I was wondering if I should put my A/F gauge bungs in before or after I install the Muzzys? Does anybody have any pictures of their Muzzy system installed on their machine with the bungs welded in? Just wondering about where to weld them in...I believe they are supposed to be 8-12 inches from the head, I would like them to be as easy to access as possible. Another question, should I do all my heat tape wrapping before I install and how far down the pipes should I install the tape. Thanks in advance for any help!

#30 ·
You will not be able to weld them on after the install. Welding the thick bungs to the thin stainless is hard to do. The front goes right after the heat shield on the Front #2 head pipe, then the rear goes on the rear #2 head pipe that you can access it in the wheel well. You can see in the pics the size of the sensor and how much clearance you need. On the Front Headpipe #2, the bung lets the sensor stick up and has good clearance in front of the rear heat shield that attaches to the motor mount.

Here is a thread where I show the locations in the number 2 head pipes. http://www.teryxhq.com/forums/kawas...tio-gauge-header-sensor-weld-bungs-plugs.html

You will also need a tap to clean the threads out after you weld on the bungs.

#33 ·
I think there may be some room for shock adjustments...while the ride was great, I think I made need to make some adjustments in the rear as I was sorta bucking on the whoops. This of course is not a result of the kit, but more the result of heavier springs to accomodate for the four seater. I will be working on it, if anyone can make this setup perfect, it is the guys at FST.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.