Teryx HQ banner

Fan Issues!

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  waytay 
#1 ·
Im in Glamis and the teryx is over heating. after some investigation i realized that the fan comes on for a split second and then shuts right back off. Any ideas whats wrong?

#3 ·
There is a circuit breaker under the driver seat . It sits on the top of the box that the CDI box is in . Slips on a little tab right at the top . Make sure it is fully set . We have seen one with a bad connection at the fan switch on the radiator .

If it overhaets and goes to boil , the fan switch may be just reading hot air and not water , Make sure water is circulating thro the system

#4 ·
I am going to tackle this same issue tomorrow. I am thinking I have air trapped in the system, so I am going to see what I can do about that!

#5 ·
If it kicks on for a second and kicks back off it has to be the breaker switch under seat. That breaker is a piece of $hit. You can put a 20amp fuseable link in its place, if fan runs normally, thats your only problem. If fan doesnt come on it is your temp switch in radiator. I have my fan hardwired to a toggle switch on dash. I just flip it on when I crank up.

#6 ·
I've had the same issue with my Teryx.... Found out that all it needed was more water. It had boiled out and the thermostat was not reading the temp to be able to switch the fan on and keep it on.

If you've got a bubble in your cooling system it's always fun to fix... Jack the front end of the car up so the Radiator is higher than the motor and then there are two screws on the top of the motor you can open to bleed the air out of the system. Start it up let it get warm and start cycling the water throught. This does take quite a bit of water though.

Good Luck!!!

#7 ·
Well I Figured It Out. After Takin The Hood Off I Checked The Connection to fan. The Plug Had So Much Sand In It. I Cleaned It Out And Wrapped It With Electrical Tape After Plugging It In. Good To Go Now. Thanks For Your Input Guys!

#8 ·
Hey chadman missed ya out their we were in wash 7. Badassteryx had heating issues also it was his connections at the radiator as well. once recrimped he had no problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.