2009 Teryx PC5's instock - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Dasa Racing DASA Racing
www.dasaracing.com
951-681-1131

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
DASARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: California
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
2009 Teryx PC5's instock

This is the PC5 for the Teryx. The Dynojet Power Commander V plugs inline with your bike's stock fuel injection system. It uses OEM (original equipment manufacturer) style connectors making installation easy and quick. The Power Commander USB allows a full range of fuel adjustment, as much as +/- 100% over stock. Adjustments can be made either with a Windows based computer or by using the face plate mounted button adjusters. No permanent changes are made to the bike's system. Once the unit is removed the bike reverts to its stock settings ..... OR ...... purchase the Auto Tune kit and let it do all the work for you. The auto tune kit sends information to the Power Commander V and automatically corrects a/f while you ride. This will eliminate the need to have someone else tune your teryx. Each map that we offer has preset Air/Fuel ratio values included that we find to be the best overall settings. This lets you simply plug in and ride.

Below you will find some Power Commander V features.
Reduced size from PCIII (less than half of the size of PCIII)
USB powered from computer (9 volt adapter is no longer needed for programming like on PCIII)
2 position map switching function built in (map switch not included)
With gear position input connected the PCV is capable of allowing each cylinder to be mapped individually and for each gear (for example: on a 4 cylinder bike with a six speed transmission there could be up to 24 separate fuel tables).
Unit has a -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%). This allows more adjustment range for 8 injector sportbikes
10 throttle position columns (up from 9 on PCIIIusb)
Enhanced "accel pump" utility (increased adjustment and sensitivity ranges)
Reply With Quote
DASARACING is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Magellan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Western, NC
Posts: 1,029
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASARACING View Post
This is the PC5 for the Teryx. The Dynojet Power Commander V plugs inline with your bike's stock fuel injection system. It uses OEM (original equipment manufacturer) style connectors making installation easy and quick. The Power Commander USB allows a full range of fuel adjustment, as much as +/- 100% over stock. Adjustments can be made either with a Windows based computer or by using the face plate mounted button adjusters. No permanent changes are made to the bike's system. Once the unit is removed the bike reverts to its stock settings ..... OR ...... purchase the Auto Tune kit and let it do all the work for you. The auto tune kit sends information to the Power Commander V and automatically corrects a/f while you ride. This will eliminate the need to have someone else tune your teryx. Each map that we offer has preset Air/Fuel ratio values included that we find to be the best overall settings. This lets you simply plug in and ride.

Below you will find some Power Commander V features.
Reduced size from PCIII (less than half of the size of PCIII)
USB powered from computer (9 volt adapter is no longer needed for programming like on PCIII)
2 position map switching function built in (map switch not included)
With gear position input connected the PCV is capable of allowing each cylinder to be mapped individually and for each gear (for example: on a 4 cylinder bike with a six speed transmission there could be up to 24 separate fuel tables).
Unit has a -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%). This allows more adjustment range for 8 injector sportbikes
10 throttle position columns (up from 9 on PCIIIusb)
Enhanced "accel pump" utility (increased adjustment and sensitivity ranges)
Reply With Quote
What is the expected date this will do ignition?

Do you have to install 2 oxygen sensors in the front and rear headpipes to make autotune work? How is it installed?

Thank you in advance for the info. I am definitely interested, but I want the whole package for my $$ which as everybody knows is in shorter supply this year.

2011 Teryx Sport
2011 50" STD RZR LE
Magellan is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
DASARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: California
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
What is the expected date this will do ignition?
We have an ignition and fuel controller combo now ....... the only difference is it will not auto tune. If you go with the PC5 you will still need an ignition and the dynatek ignition is do out next month. That will be a good combo ..... PC5 bolt on plug in fuel controller with auto tune and dynatek ignition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
Do you have to install 2 oxygen sensors in the front and rear headpipes to make autotune work? ?
You will install the o2 sensor in one head pipe at a time. It will start making the map as soon as you drive. It will then tune both cylinders to that spec. Then you can use the split map feature and tune each cylinder individually. This thing will do alot of things and is very easy to use.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
How is it installed??
all plugs right into your factory wiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
Thank you in advance for the info. I am definitely interested, but I want the whole package for my $$ which as everybody knows is in shorter supply this year.
I understand ...... we have been testing these options for about 2 months now. We have two ways to go depending on what you need and want.

#1. IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO A DYNO OR CAN TUNE THE FUEL INJECTION
then go with our custom PC3 and programmable ignition. it will get rid of the speed limiter and rev limiter now. It will add plenty of fuel and ignition. this is what we are using on our 2009 840 build and it has plenty of room for more mods.

#2. IF YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE AUTO TUNE
then go with the PC5 then in about 30 days you will use the dynatek ignition to get rid of the speed limiter and rev limiter


Here is the BIG thing. The PC3 and PC5 will allow YOU or the TUNNER to create the PERFECT fuel curve. It is SUPER adjustable. Having the correct fuel curve will get you the most HP out of the mods you have. BOTH OF THESE CONTROLLERS HAVE THE ABILITY TO SPLIT MAPS AND CREAT MAPS FOR EACH CYLINDER .....THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

If anyone has any questions just let me know. These things are VERY easy to use and are the industry standard for ATV's and Street bikes. Dynojet power comanders are the BEST IN THE INDUSTY.

DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE
DASARACING is offline  
 
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 02:12 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Litchfield Park, Az.
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
ok question, why, i have what u and muzzy claim is a tru equal length exhaust, do i need to tune each cylinder differently, what else is an issue that makes front to back un even. or is tunin stated for the mear fact that someone might not actually buy a true equal length exhaust to equal out the cylinders. thanx
fitzazpb is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 02:13 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Litchfield Park, Az.
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
sorry that should of said ' if i have"
fitzazpb is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 06:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,999
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Typically you want the rear cyl running slightly richer to aid in cooling since it does not receive the air around the cyl the front does.

It has nothing to do with exhaust. They come that way from the factory too.



Hunterworks is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
DASARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: California
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
Typically you want the rear cyl running slightly richer to aid in cooling since it does not receive the air around the cyl the front does.
The real reason you will .... WANT .... to tune each cylinder different is because the pipes are different front to rear on a stock car. There are HP gains to be made it you do tune each cylinder correctly. First you must have a controller like the PC5 that can tune each cylinder. I have not measured the stock pipes, but the rear pipe has to be about 2 feet shorter then the rear pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
It has nothing to do with exhaust. They come that way from the factory too.
Really it does have alot ot do with the exhaust ..... as because the stock pipes are so different from the factory.Once you go to a equal length pipe the tunes on each cylinder will be VERY CLOSE to each other, but still different to make PEAK HP.

DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE

Last edited by DASARACING; 07-31-2009 at 10:02 AM.
DASARACING is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 12:40 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Litchfield Park, Az.
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
gotcha didnt know cams were different wierd, thanx for info, i'm changing cams for sure now
fitzazpb is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 07:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,999
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
The cams are not different except for what direction they go in.

If you ever heard of Mike Penland who has won 11 GNCC championships and 5 Baja Races most on a Kawi and used to race for Four Stroke knows about as much as anyone on these engines is who explained the richer in rear for cooling to me.

I thought it had to do with exhaust too, he laughed at me.



Hunterworks is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
DASARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: California
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
The cams are not different except for what direction they go in.
You are correct ......Sorry what i typed did not make much sense now that i read it again. The cams duration and life are the same stock from front to rear, they did not do anything to compensate for the DRAMATIC DIFFERENCE in the STOCK pipe lengths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
who explained the richer in rear for cooling to me.
I thought it had to do with exhaust too, he laughed at me.
Well on a quad i can see this to an extent, but on the teryx i dont see it as much. I would say the rear stock pipe is about 2 feet shorter then the stock front pipe ........ shorter pipe ...... bigger jet. Just the way i see it. Anytime you change pipe length that much you will have to rejet. Hey what he says could be true to. Either way or a combination of both .... YOU WILL WANT A FUEL CONTROLLER THAT CAN TUNE EACH CYLINDER.
DASARACING is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
F/I Auto tune is here and INSTOCK DASARACING Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions 1 05-10-2009 12:31 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89