Teryx HQ banner

Canadian riders? esp. Alberta

16K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  lawsonEdward 
#1 ·
Is there anyone else on here from Canada? I'm in Alberta and it would be good to meet up with other riders up here.

#2 ·
That cool a member from Canada. If you don't mind me asking what did a Teryx cost you?

#3 ·
I love Canada...my best ski trip was to Whistler in BC...what a great place!

#4 ·
It cost $12500 for a standard red....still more then you guys have to pay even though our dollar is basically on par with the states.

Oh well you can't fight the government...and it keeps the market for used ATV's from crashing. The extra money I spent on this Teryx, compared to the states, means my grizzly, my sleds, boat, RV, etc are all worth more.....as long as I can sell them to someone in Canada. haha

#5 ·
That is not as bad as I thought it was going to be. That is only $1500 more than I paid for mine.

#7 ·
Oh my, the sights in Canada plus you have your Teryx with you? You may not come home! ;)

#8 ·
Hey Buckshot I live two hours away in fort saskatchewan. Have a red base model with a growing by the day collection of extra's. Ever ridden in cadomin or nordeg. I like it in cadomin, wanting to try Bruel this summer.

#10 ·
Oh wow, that place looks gorgeous! :good:

#11 ·
God's Country

Hey Buckshot, we did an auto tour from Calgary thru Banff & Canmore (sp?) to Jasper & Edmonton & back to Calgary a few years ago. I've been wanting to come back there & better get serious about it while I'm still physically able. Are you anywhere near any of those areas? I have over 1000 lakes within 1 hours drive of my home here in the Lakeland area of Northern Wisconsin & it's beautiful, but doesn't compare with your mountains & waterfalls.

#12 ·
Six Lakes area and the Athabasca sand dune! Always the best! Three hours north of Fort McMurray in the middle of no where.

Hoping to try some trails in the Crows Nest Pass area this summer. Any Canadian members have any off road maps around Noregg Area?

Also if any of you need maps to Richardson River Backcountry area (Athabasca sand dunes) PM me.

Attachments

#13 ·
Any Canadian members have any off road maps around Noregg Area?
Alberta Gov't. SRD department has free maps on what is open to OHV all along the foothills.

http://www.srd.gov.ab.ca/lands/usingpublicland/recreation/fluz/default.aspx

Call them and they will mail you a map in the area you are looking to ride in.

From web site
Alberta Sustainable Resource Development.

Hours of operation: Weekdays, 8:15 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (780) 944 0313. Fax: (780) 427 4407
or visit the Information Centre website.

Information Centre
Main Floor, 9920 108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada T5K 2M4

For general information about the Government of Alberta:

Visit the Service Alberta website.
Phone: 310 0000 (toll free anywhere in Alberta)
(780) 427 2711 (outside of Alberta)

#14 ·
Hey Iron Aron, you in Fort Mac??? Or just up here doing a six lakes trip. I live here, have a red Teryx, not too many in town yet. Trying to get a trip together in mid Sept to go up. I normally camp at Jackson Lake, but don't know if will take Teryx into East Jackson. From what I remember the trail is pretty tight in some places.

#17 ·
South of Leduc

We are south of Leduc, 08 Camo, Snorkled, 3" lift, CDI, Clutch Kit, Executioner Tires, and a lot of stereo.

That is what my wife rides, I ride an 07 Outty Snorkled, 29.5's and lots of other toys.

We ride Cadomin, Rocky, Hinton and all over edmonton Area, would love to try crowsnest pass area some time as well.

Walter

#20 ·
Hi DougS
I am running 27" XTR's, worked great all winter, they love the deep snow! Feel bad for the Teryx sometimes because the thing just vibrates when they are digging and grabbing some traction under the snow, but didn't get stuck when I thought I already was!!!

#23 ·
Canadian Eh!
Looks like this thread is alive again for a bit. Good to have more Albertan's on here, now we need some UTV races somewhere for fun. Need to get onto some good tracks that can fit these things. I would like to get down to the States to check out some of their tracks, guess I will have to buy some suspension now!

#24 ·
Always good to hear from Alberta locals, I'm for the Grande Prairie area. The best riding i have done in the High Prairie Area known as the Jack Pines. We have rode for 2 days and never on the same trail. Cossing the river 4 different spots, they have sand, gravel pits and lots of wooded trails. Good Times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.