Teryx HQ banner

Group Ride in Alberta

17K views 45 replies 10 participants last post by  lawsonEdward 
#1 · (Edited)
OK
People from the Great White North are asking for it. Lets see what the interest is.

Suggestions for Where?
When?

I'm putting out some suggestions.

Brule Sand Dunes - Between Hinton and Jasper
Ruby Falls/South Esq. - Where the Forestry Trunk Road meets the PR road between Rocky Mountain House/Cadomin/Edson/Hinton
Ram Falls area- East and a bit south of Rocky Mountain House.
Chambers Creek
MacLeod River

Add your suggestion here.

I'm thinking a weekend in June. Nice for camping, not too hot, doesn't interfere with summer holidays.

Maybe early May to keep SRD sort of happy.

#5 ·
The sundre fire dept. ride is near Bearberry. I would be interested in a ride in June sometime. I ride around bearberry, limestone mountain, & sw of cow lake,But somewere else might be neat. Crow

#7 ·
Ya I guess it is, just haven't got to the falls yet. Maybe this year. We just drive around & get stuck till we run out of time or refreshments,then head back to camp.

#9 ·
Ya most of the riders are a lot like us. Here's a picture of my ride.

#11 ·
Thanks rhinokiller, it wasn't to hard to chop it. What made it easier was where the front of the cage bolts on I took the die grinder & moved the top hole not even 1/8" up so it lined right up with the tube. Also straightened out the front top bend just a little. Looks cooler, and with that puckboard on the roof,the tree branches just bounce off it. I really recommend the chop. Crow

#15 ·
BIg daddy, that's about 45min from fort sask right. I would like to come but have a semi installed LT kit and waiting on a rim from ITP in the mail (broke front rim on a tree last weekend), should be able to go next weekend if you are interested. I will bring my buddies with their RZR's and we can show them how some real machines do it.:D

#14 · (Edited)
May long works for me, usually go to cow lake but will go wherever. Am always game for a ride with anyone looking for company. Its funny how having a machine that works the way it is supposed to make's riding more enjoyable. Use to have an 08 with all the first available upgrades on it, nothing worked good together, machine rand like a POC. New 2010 with matching components is much better.

#16 ·
I'm going down south this week, so I'm out.

On a side note: I am getting a Chromo 4 seat cage built by a professional cage builder in AZ. My insurance company saw the receipt and freaked out that I was altering it (it would not have mattered who built it for me). After going back and forth for 3 weeks for me even to be able to buy insurance, we settled and I have to get mechanically inspected in order to get liability insurance i.e. PL/PD. It is a real pain in the b*tt.

#17 ·
Hey DougS, you got your cage mounted yet. How does it look.

#19 ·
That would be good. I believe that is more than likely where I will be going for may long.

#21 ·
Is outwest campground the site right across the texas gate to the right by the river?

#23 ·
That's only four or five of us. It's not like there is a hundred thousand of us on the dunes on a long weekend:D:wave:

#24 ·
Hey Doug, I am back in the mix of things. Crazy busy, bad luck spring lol. I would be up for a ride sometime in June. Things are starting to get a little to soft to run around here now so my winter top will be coming off and I will be building my new cage. Did you get yours done?? I'd like to see some picks. You said Chromoly?? what did that run you??? Pricey shat!! Did they stress relieve it???

Chris

#26 ·
Hey is anyone from Edmonton are interested in Riding on Sunday march 21, 2010? Location? If so, let me know.

#28 ·
Doug, got any pics of that shinny new cage going on????

#30 ·
May Long

Hey Guys, I am going to Cow Lake for May Long. Will be there from the 19th to the 24th with a few other people. Is anybody else thinking of coming there or anywhere close. It would be good to meet some of you guys and beat up some trails together. Let me know. Thanks. Jeremy

#31 ·
Hey Guys, I am going to Cow Lake for May Long. Will be there from the 19th to the 24th with a few other people. Is anybody else thinking of coming there or anywhere close. It would be good to meet some of you guys and beat up some trails together. Let me know. Thanks. Jeremy
Bump To The Top

#34 ·
Sorry two weeks to soon. Maybe we can meet up another time on any random weekend.

Not sure if my trailer will be ready. Its stuck freezing in Sweetgrass waiting for paperwork to arrive. :(
The border's gay, puts a big damper on plans sometimes. Good luck getting it for May Long. Waiting on delivery, PDI and other BS. Hope it works out for you. How is your rex coming Doug, any progress?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.