Add on Alarms and Remotes - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Electrical Discussions Kawasaki Teryx electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Add on Alarms and Remotes

Has anyne had any experience with installing an alarm system with a remote start option. I am attempting to install on an 08 Teryx. Help!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 06:47 AM

Not to be negative but, I think it would be difficult to get a 08 Teryx to start remotely because of the manual choke and you have to give it some gas.

Now, a 09 Teryx would probably be a good candidate because it is fuel injected.

Good luck.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 12:05 AM
CommanderTalk.com

I think my concern would be forgetting and leaving it in gear...granted it would not start, but you never know.

travdude brings up a good point though, might be a little hard on the '08 easier of course on the '09 with DFI.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 09:46 AM

I know you can get a remote system to work on a manual transmission vehicle. I have an Astrostart on my nissan frontier, which is a stick. You wire a relay into the alarm system, bosch type relay. In order for the remote start to work I must have the parking brake engaged, you get a custom to leaving it in neutral.

I am interested in an alarm system also, I don't need the remote start feature, although it would be cool. Anybody have a decent inexpensive alarm system? Or even a kill/over-ride switch to deter theft, or at least slow-em down till I can get them in my sights?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 12:21 PM
CommanderTalk.com

I know you can put a remote start on a manual, but as it was mentioned, not really sure how well it would start.

One idea could be a removalble steering wheel

eBay has a ton of the 2 way alarms, I know my buddy has got a few from there.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement