switching and relays?? - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Electrical Discussions Kawasaki Teryx electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

switching and relays??

Ok I have my unit all torn apart ready to install way too many lights on it and whips. I am trying to decide how to and where to put relays and switches. Also if under hood how to get to it if their is a problem. With my cage it will not be easy. So here are my ideas, thought about putting fuses and and relays just to the right of steering wheel facing down. Run power from battery to the connection points via following the original routing thru firewall. Next cut a piece of the lower dash nicely and either re-use or find some more plastic larger to allow to be taken off to get to the fuses etc.. with out taking the hood off. It could be attatched with velcro nicely. I also thought about putting switches right below seat latch I could reach it. Or too bad someone does not make a gauge and switch cluster that houngs out alittle bit with fuses and relays just built in?? Any one have pics or ideas, I will be completing this by the weekend. 2nd battery is a whole other issue. I might go oddesy battery or try optima and just charge when I am in camp?? OK DP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 05:17 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Ya I do not know, I just wanted you to post it here

LOL actually I have my relays mounted under the hood on the firewall, you could access them to replace if necessary without removing the cage.

As far as switches, well that is more of a personal preference for what is comfortable for you, it really does not matter...I will shoot some pictures when I pick the machine up Monday or Tuesday.

The batteries we are still looking into, however, I may be working with someone here in the next week or so on a bolt on alternator kit!!

I will be back in touch with you on pictures of the switches, relays, and fuse block!

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Chirp chirp chirp chirp.....

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 05:18 PM
CommanderTalk.com

LOL what? Birds where?

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 06:51 PM

I put my relays/fuse block under the seat near the battery. I would rather have them a bit more protected from water, etc. but if you look at what else is there from the factory, my fuse/realy block is the least of my worries.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 07:36 PM

I haven’t done it, but I’ve given some thoughts of building some type of console between the dash and the front of the motor cover over the top of the tunnel. There is a lot of unused space there. I need more storage, that is not subject to the weather. Glove compartment is jammed with stuff. That ‘console’ for lack of a better name, could incorporate all of that and more, and be very accessible.

Has anyone done this type mod?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcummins View Post
I haven’t done it, but I’ve given some thoughts of building some type of console between the dash and the front of the motor cover over the top of the tunnel. There is a lot of unused space there. I need more storage, that is not subject to the weather. Glove compartment is jammed with stuff. That ‘console’ for lack of a better name, could incorporate all of that and more, and be very accessible.

Has anyone done this type mod?
Something like this?

Teryx Center Console
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkelsoe View Post
Something like this?

Teryx Center Console

Yes, I like that. 4 months ago I might have bought that....being retired and what's happen the last 30 days with the stock market, retirement funds have been devastated. To the point I may have to go back to work. But I do like that.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcummins View Post
Yes, I like that. 4 months ago I might have bought that....being retired and what's happen the last 30 days with the stock market, retirement funds have been devastated. To the point I may have to go back to work. But I do like that.
the stocks thing is just a tough nut to swallow, I am very concerned for the next 2 years how the world is going to reshape. It was so good for 10 years, we were lucky.

On that type of center console it is ok to honda civicish, would rather have a floor to dash unit with a spare battery in it 2nd battery I mean and all the extra switching and relays plus ipod crap etc... may have to make on huh??
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytay View Post
... may have to make on huh??
My Teryx isn't a pretty street machine....it's in the elements all the time doing ranch type work. I do play but most of the time, it purposefully doing something. So...$150+ for basically a plastic box tends to go against the grain, and yes, I start frabicating way before that price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement