Wiring Quick Disconnects - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Electrical Discussions Kawasaki Teryx electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wiring Quick Disconnects

Hey everyone, like most of you I have wires running throughout the inside of the cage. Unfortunately, like most of you, I have to remove my cage to get the hood off. With that said, I would like to put some quick disconnects at the base of where the wire heads up the a-pillar. Any ideas where I can pick up some single male and female disconnects that are at the least weather resistant?

Thanks!

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
Hey everyone, like most of you I have wires running throughout the inside of the cage. Unfortunately, like most of you, I have to remove my cage to get the hood off. With that said, I would like to put some quick disconnects at the base of where the wire heads up the a-pillar. Any ideas where I can pick up some single male and female disconnects that are at the least weather resistant?

Thanks!
Why not use bullet connectors? JEGS 10737 - JEGS Premium Heat Seal Crimp Connector Kit - JEGS

Or use a weather resistant multiconnector for Whip/Lights, ect...MSD Weathertight Sealed Connectors - JEGS

You might be able to find locally at Fastenal, Grainger
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 12:17 PM

I was gonna suggest the same thing az amsoil, the weather tight multi-connector is the way you wanna go IMO. Bullets are good, or even the spade style, but then you must connect/re-connect each wire individually ricking the chance of damaging the wire to connector integrity.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Thanks everyone, I think I am going to use some of these connectors that I was told about. Look very similar to the MSD, NAPA carries these Weather Pack Connectors as an fyi. My only issue now is trying to find something that will accept an 8 gauge wire.

Weather Pack Connectors | Weatherpack Connectors | Nylon Connectors

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 03:07 PM

I cust my plastic hood on both sides so I can remove it without taking the cage off. Still is tight to get it off but it works better for me than taking the cage off everytime I want the hood off.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Ya I am not sure that I want to cut the hood right now. I am not expecting to remove my cage, just in the case that I do, would like to have the disconnects

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 04:26 PM

I used the weather pack connectors, or GM style they are called also, worked out perfect.

Most of my add-ons have them, easy on, easy off, just in case.

glamisrob, can you post a few pictures, please.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 03:12 AM

I'm using the weather pack connectors. Available at Kartek for those of you in so cal...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamisrob View Post
I cust my plastic hood on both sides so I can remove it without taking the cage off. Still is tight to get it off but it works better for me than taking the cage off everytime I want the hood off.
I did the same thing screw taking cage off at 6 points actually seven
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 12:07 AM

I used the k-4 connectors, not too bad to put together....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement