Teryx Oddyssey Battery - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Electrical Discussions Kawasaki Teryx electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Teryx Oddyssey Battery

Curious to know if anyone is running an Odyssey battery in the stock Teryx battery location. If so, what model number did you go with and did it require any modifications to the factory location?

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 09:25 AM

The PC925 works great, you just need to goto an autoparts store and get longer battery holddowns (threaded rod with the little hook at the end). I think it was around 10" that you need. Stock is too short.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Ok but the footprint is the same, excellent info, thanks Trevor!

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 09:32 AM

footprints actually smaller on the new one. you cna unbolt the corner stays that hold in the factory battery, slider them closer to the new battery. drill a hole and bolt them through the floor just like they were.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
Curious to know if anyone is running an Odyssey battery in the stock Teryx battery location. If so, what model number did you go with and did it require any modifications to the factory location?
Hey DP,
I have the Odessey 1200 in my rig and it works and fits excellent. I did have to get longer hold downs bolts to keep it in place. I also moved one of the corner brackets at the base of the battery . But a very simple install. The 1200 is a bit bigger and heavier than the 925but I wanted the extra juice because I am running my HID's direct and not through the ignition. My buddies are running the 925 in their rhino's because the smaller size fits in their battery box with no complaints.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Great, thanks for the information all...this is something I need to get done indeed

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 09:27 PM

Just wondering how the batteries are doing if you run with 1 big one instead of the factory and putting on an isolator to run a separate larger battery? Thought it can be hard on the stator because a larger battery will always draw alot of current until fully charged. I am guessing that you guys are putting the new battery in place of the original. Are you running alot of lights or electrical load??? Thanks.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Just wondering how the batteries are doing if you run with 1 big one instead of the factory and putting on an isolator to run a separate larger battery? Thought it can be hard on the stator because a larger battery will always draw alot of current until fully charged. I am guessing that you guys are putting the new battery in place of the original. Are you running alot of lights or electrical load??? Thanks.
Yes, I have replaced the original battery with the odessey 1200. With this battery, there is no need to run two batteries. Yes, I am running with HID headlights and 4 4" Fuego HID lights on my rollcage, but no other accessories yet. But this gives me plenty of room to expand if I need to.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 11:54 AM

925 duel bats

I run two 925 batterys and 1314 isolator , the batterys fit back to back with a revised bracket on top using the original bolt down holes , I run all my accessories of the secondary bat( 4 Hel lights ,800 watt stereo, dome light glow light ). The primary bat always stays charged. and only charges the secondary bat when the primary is 13.2 volts.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 11:46 PM

odyssey battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
i was looking at running both batteries. it might be squeeze , but it might fit. it is a pc 925. and run an isolator. all acc. off the odyssey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement