Teryx HQ banner

Need installation help

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jppau 
#1 ·
I have a 2008 Teryx and am trying to hook up an amp to play my I-pod. I understand the remote wire should be spliced into my acc plug (or somewhere like that). The problem is that I don't know how to get behind the dash - or behind the glove box - or the storage area to get to the wiring and don't want to screw my new toy up. Any suggestions on the easiest way to find and access the correct wire?

Thanks

#2 ·
If your asking how to remove the hood (only way to get behind the dash), you have to remove all the black screws from the top of the hood and the two on each side. Then you need to remove the screws from around each head light cowling. Once the hood is loose you can slide it up the "A" pillars and have access to everything behind the dash.

#3 ·
Az Amsiol's correct on the hood. It's a pain but thats just the way these things are. Get some bungies to hold the hood up while your working. Don't know how big your amp is. I mounted mine on the thicker (fire wall) plastic, farthest foward under the hood and behind the dash. I tapped into the 12V power source (cig lighter) to trigger the amp. The main power for the amp I routed thru the drive shaft tunnel, there are existing wire looms there you can route your wires thru to get to the battery. I mounted the female plug for the I-Pod in the glove box (left side kinda high in the box if your lookin in the glove box). I mounted my toggle switch (on/off for the amp) below the choke and the volume control below that. It all works great! I wouldn't have a radio/cd player in one of these things. I-Pod is the way to go. My two cents. Good luck with your install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.