over heating???? - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Electrical Discussions Kawasaki Teryx electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

over heating????

I have a 09 teryx and have just put 43 hours on it. This week-end i was riding it for about 45 minutes and stopped on the trails to talk to some friends. We I turned it off it started boiling over (HOT) I personally have never heard the fan come on or even ever looked to see if it was working. I let it cool off and headed back to camp where i had seen another teryx and stopped to talk to him about my problem. He just happened to be a service manager at some kawasaki dealer dow south from me. He pulled up some wires that had what looked like a relay and said the first thing that needs to go. He then just jumpered it with a 20 amp fuse and the fan still did not come on. I have heard that there is a breaker on this machine. Is this a breaker like a house that can be tripped like a house breaker? He also said that i just need rid of the relay looking thing and just replace it with a sealable fuse holder and put a 20 amp fuse in it. When i got home i hot wired the wire going to the fan and it never would come on leading me to believe that the fan motor is just gone bad. I have never been in any mud to speak of and the radiator has always been clean. The week before I rode the rex really hard racing my friend on his ranger. We would run them for about a half mile racing and then slow down to about 30 mph and I never had a heating problem at all. I always thought if it got hot that I would see some kind of a flashing bright light but later found out that there is a light that flashes, it just aint bright! So at this time I just think it is a bad fan motor. Does anyone have any ideas on this subject? What else should I check for????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 11:17 AM

Yes there is a breaker but it is not exactly like a house breaker. It is located under the driver seat and it is about the size of a pack of gum. There is a little green button on it and if tripped it stick out. If yoususpect the fan moter then I suggest you hotwire it directly from a battery at the connection near the fan. I have senn those wire get cut (from the fan blade itself) if the wires are not tied up properly.

If you unit boiled water out make sure the system is completely full.

Amateurs practice to do it right, Professionals practice until its Perfect!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 08:11 PM

Same thing happened to me after 12 hours, found the relay, gave it a squeeze and the fan turned on. Then I dropped it off at DASA and they put in the PWR rad. and a temp gauge. Life is good now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement