Are Dynatek Coils worth it? - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Electrical Discussions Kawasaki Teryx electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Question Are Dynatek Coils worth it?

I have been looking at the dynatek coils for my 08' Teryx. They advertise a 2 hp increase. I was just wondering if they are worth spending the money? Will i notice a difference?

08 teryx 4x2
Radflo shocks
Dirttech boxed LT arms
Full cage + 6" chassis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 09:40 PM

I have asked the same questions and the answers I have got lead me to conclusion that I would not see any difference in hp on a stock ride, maybe someone else can tell you but I seem to get alot of uncertian answers and really left me wondering so unless I hear something different I will not spend that kind of money because they are not cheap, sorry cause I know I did not give you a good answer but that is what I got and not even alot of people even responded to my post, I will watch your post because I want to know more myself.

Big Daddy
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
I have asked the same questions and the answers I have got lead me to conclusion that I would not see any difference in hp on a stock ride, maybe someone else can tell you but I seem to get alot of uncertian answers and really left me wondering so unless I hear something different I will not spend that kind of money because they are not cheap, sorry cause I know I did not give you a good answer but that is what I got and not even alot of people even responded to my post, I will watch your post because I want to know more myself.
Ok, Im thinking DASA will chime in or something.
Forgot to mention, I am running a gibson exhaust with dynatek CDI.

08 teryx 4x2
Radflo shocks
Dirttech boxed LT arms
Full cage + 6" chassis

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 11:39 PM
lee

personal opinion

Guys, I personally went through the same when it came to the Coils. I road 500+miles with a very annoying miss. Had a lot of backfiring on deceleration. I did the coils and all of my miss is gone and they did help with the backfiring. Also it does start faster. I personally think it is good money spent.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
Guys, I personally went through the same when it came to the Coils. I road 500+miles with a very annoying miss. Had a lot of backfiring on deceleration. I did the coils and all of my miss is gone and they did help with the backfiring. Also it does start faster. I personally think it is good money spent.
I do have a little bit of backfiring. Especially when I shut off the motor. It does one good backfire right as I turn the key.

08 teryx 4x2
Radflo shocks
Dirttech boxed LT arms
Full cage + 6" chassis
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 06:01 AM

The coils will NOT give you any increase in HP, the backfiring is a lean condition that can be fixed in the carbs.

As for the miss it fixes, I will go along with it but have a issue giving Dynatek more money to fix an issue caused by another one of their products

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 11:04 AM
lee

Thumbs up I agree with Todd

I agree with Todd about the extra money and I do think that the box should not be sold without the coils. Or they could fix the problem. Todd has the best info about all of this on here somewhere. I think he has it figured out with his resistance testing. By the way guys if you want straight answers with no bull shit ask HUNTER Works.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Build Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
The coils will NOT give you any increase in HP, the backfiring is a lean condition that can be fixed in the carbs.

As for the miss it fixes, I will go along with it but have a issue giving Dynatek more money to fix an issue caused by another one of their products
I 100% agree with this...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 02:20 PM

I my opinion I would save your $ 200.00 dollars. I tried them cause I had some decel popping, they did not help my prob. I didn't notice any difference from the stock ones as far as performance goes.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG2utv View Post
I have been looking at the dynatek coils for my 08' Teryx. They advertise a 2 hp increase. I was just wondering if they are worth spending the money? Will i notice a difference?
I noticed no more power. It will just start much easier no choke needed and no more miss with the dynatek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement