Fan Switch ? - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Electrical Discussions Kawasaki Teryx electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Fan Switch ?

I would like to install a radiator fan switch on my dash but want it wired basically as an over ride switch so that if it is flipped on the fan runs and if it is flipped off then the fan works normally as if from the factory. Anyone know how to do this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 02:52 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Hmmm now that I really cannot answer, let me do some research and see if I can find something for you.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 03:05 PM

Couldnt you just wire it up behind the factory temp sensor? Should work like that.

2009 Browning 850 XP
Deluxe front/rear bumpers
Polaris Front storage box
K&N filter
HID headlight kit

Camo Teryx LE (SOLD)
http://community.webshots.com/user/hdsilverado

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 04:01 PM

I agree with Rutcutter, just short the fan thermal switch on the radiator with a switch.

I kind of liked the idea of wiring the temp warning light to come on when your fan was on. If it comes on, you know its working, if it stays on, there is something wrong cause its not cooling.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 04:20 PM

Use a single pole double throw switch:

L1----O
O---- Common
L2----O

Pull white wire off of radiator breaker and connect to L1. Crimp another wire onto blue wire connector of radiator fan switch and connect to L2. Common would be connected to white wire (12V) out of the radiator fuse (spliced between fuse and breaker). So when switch is up, circuit is "normal"; when down, you've jumped across the temp switch and apply 12V to the fan (fan on). This keeps all your fuses and breakers functional for safety.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_amsoil View Post
Use a single pole double throw switch:

L1----O
O---- Common
L2----O

Pull white wire off of radiator breaker and connect to L1. Crimp another wire onto blue wire connector of radiator fan switch and connect to L2. Common would be connected to white wire (12V) out of the radiator fuse (spliced between fuse and breaker). So when switch is up, circuit is "normal"; when down, you've jumped across the temp switch and apply 12V to the fan (fan on). This keeps all your fuses and breakers functional for safety.
I'd say do exactly that, but instead of wiring to the fan switch, you might consider going straight to the relay. Then you'd get all the benifits of the above, plus the added advantage of switch failure not crippling your fan switch circuit. Switch failures aren't very common (but not exactly rare, either), but if it does, your system will operate normally. You'd only need a single pole/single throw switch, as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement