Removing bed and installing plastics - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Exterior Discussions Kawasaki Teryx exterior discussions.
Add-ons, graphics, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Removing bed and installing plastics

HI all I wondered if anyone has removed the bed of their Teryx and then reinstalled the plastics only? I'm trying to lose a little (or lot ) of weight so my Teryx will keep up with a friend's stock Rhino. I've put on the Dynatech CDI and still can't keep up with him at the start. I can eventually catch him, but this is embarassing. He made it up Oldsmobile hill twice and I could only get up 3/4 of the way. He has the stock tires and I have larger ones. I'm wondering if that could be the problem? Anyone have a suggestion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 05:26 PM

Tires are definately the problem.

Tires have to be your problem. Stock Teryx vs. Stock Rhino the Teryx will never be behind in that race. When you put larger tires on you are definately going to lose power. I would have thought the CDI would have given you back everything you lost but it must not have. Your jetting may be off too.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 07:56 AM
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

How much bigger are your tires?
PM Helix from Dalton, as you may need to change your clutch spring/weights too.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 08:44 AM

Their has to be a problem cuz I have both. I have cdi and muzzys only with bed delete. even before bed delete i would smoke the rhino with cdi. You have some type of problem or something is not set up right. Call HRT in Ramona and get their bed delete kit sooooooooo easy to put on!!!! But it has to be tires or something why you are suckin wind??? Or???
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougS View Post
How much bigger are your tires?
PM Helix from Dalton, as you may need to change your clutch spring/weights too.
The tires I have aren't that much bigger. On the front, I'm running 26 X 9R14 and the rears are 26 X 11R14. Would they make that much difference? I'm definetly going to look at the bed delete kit. Thanks for the info. I just have to make up my mind whether it makes sense to put more money in the Teryx or sell it and buy something faster without the speed products to get it up to the 60 plus MPH I want to go. My son is buying a new RZR S and I doubt if I will be able to keep up with him. That will take all the fun out of it, if you all know what I mean. . Does HRT have a website? If not, can you give me their phone number?

Last edited by bubbamace; 01-16-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: add info
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 10:14 AM

I think there are better and less expensive performance mods before the bed delete. I'm not saying that you shouldn't get the bed delete, but there are better bang for the buck mods out there. Check out this article by Hunterworks.

Mild Performance UTV Upgrades - www.Ridesidebyside.com Sponsored by www.hunterworks.com, www.hightechhp.com and www.3stepatvtires.com

You may also want to consider an A/F gauge. Either way, definitely sounds like there is something wrong. My in-laws have a 2008 Rhoino FI and when both vehicles were stock, there was nothing the Rhino could do that my Teryx couldn't. Once I put in a CDI, it wasn't even close.

It doesn't sound to me to be a result of your tires.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 10:21 AM

Also, when my Teryx & the Rhino were stock, my Teryx would fall behind early (due to the extra weight of the teryx) but it wouldn't take long for the Teryx to take the lead. Time after time the Teryx should win that drag race, regardless of distance.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 01:44 PM

I know what the problem is...your buddies stock rhino..ain't stock.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 02:17 PM

Yup, that's what I was thinking too.

But, it'd be more fun to have him "secretly" sup up his Teryx and then spank the "stock" Rhino!!!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeomo View Post
I think there are better and less expensive performance mods before the bed delete. I'm not saying that you shouldn't get the bed delete, but there are better bang for the buck mods out there. Check out this article by Hunterworks.

Mild Performance UTV Upgrades - www.Ridesidebyside.com Sponsored by www.hunterworks.com, www.hightechhp.com and www.3stepatvtires.com

You may also want to consider an A/F gauge. Either way, definitely sounds like there is something wrong. My in-laws have a 2008 Rhoino FI and when both vehicles were stock, there was nothing the Rhino could do that my Teryx couldn't. Once I put in a CDI, it wasn't even close.

It doesn't sound to me to be a result of your tires.
thanks Mikeomo. I went to the Ridesidebyside site and read the article. I've written down the modifications and will think about the right decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement