Body Kit Pieces - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Exterior Discussions Kawasaki Teryx exterior discussions.
Add-ons, graphics, etc.

View Poll Results: Would you purchase the plastics under the driver and passenger seats?
Yes 84 72.41%
No 32 27.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Body Kit Pieces

Hi there everyone, we have been asked to provide some feedback, therefore, we are looking to you to obtain that.

If you were purchasing a full set of plastics for your Teryx, would you want to replace the plastic under the driver and passenger side seats (the area that you see on the outside, with the ridges)

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 01:12 PM

Absolutely!!!!! I have found that this is the first area to get cracked or damaged when doing any type of rock crawling or rough riding. I would definately like to replace that area and then get some of the nerf bars that some vendors have, to protect the investment for the future.

1.5 WHEEL SPACERS/ STOCK WHEELS FLIPPED AROUND/ I.F. BOLT ON CAGE WITH COOLER RACK/ WRANGLER BACK BENCH SEAT/ CROW HARNESSES/ FULL ALUMINUM TOP/ 850w STEREO SYSTEM WITH IPOD AND SATTELITE/ VELOCITY AIRFLOW KIT/ HUNTERWORKS CARB & BOX KIT/ MUZZY EXHAUST/ DYNATEK PROGRAMABLE CDI/ A.Z. BADBOYS CLUTCH MOD/ NGK IRIDIUM SPARK PLUGS/ SKAT TRAK EXTREME PADDLES AND SMOOTH BUFFS ON DOUG RED LABLE/ MORE TO COME.......
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 03:04 PM

Yes, this was the first thing busted on my teryx, IT SHOULD HAVE A TUBE FRAME LIKE EVERY ONE ELSE. 2" OF PLASTIC IS NOT GOING TO GET IT.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 03:35 PM

Given the premise of your question: "If you were puchasing a set of plastics for your Teryx..." then I would replace the plastics in the area of the seats. While my Teryx just gets me from point A to point B for hunting and target shooting, I found that removing the OEM plastics looks difficult with the original attachment system. Any replacements should have a better attachment system that is resistant to damage after many in and outs.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 03:58 PM

Yes if it is camoflage like the rest of mine.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 03:58 PM

Depends on the price difference. I would like the option. So, I guess that's a no because they should be separate IMO.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 04:24 PM

Talking

Yes I would buy new plastic to replace the stock black plastic under the seat. I think they should replace that whole area with a color coded 1/3rd or half door that is integrated into the body lines to keep your legs in and make it look less like a farm vehicle. I think full bore has something like that for the rhino. I'd even buy the mini doors without buying the plastic hood that goes with it. They just need to come up with a way to attach it securely.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 04:30 PM

I am seriously considering the nerf bars, since that is a bent up area on my Teryx. However, it is hard to justify paying the $$ for these bars when I can get ones that require almost twice the steel for my Jeep for the same price.

TERYX LE, RUBICON UNLTD, PINZGAUER 710M AND TOW RIG IS AN 08 GMC SIERRA
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 06:09 PM

Maybe yes maybe no! We do Glamis, so ours have not been ruined. But If I were to put aftermarket plastics to change the color and it looked better than yes.
And if they were broken and it is a weak link then yes.
so I could go both ways...
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 06:56 PM

yes, i like everything to match
Sponsored Links
Advertisement