Making It Fit - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Making It Fit

Anybody putting there stock Teryx in a Weekend Warrior? I have the dual elec beds option, we only have about 72.5" of clearance and I see the height on the sport model is 75.7".

Is airing down the tires gonna get me where I need to be?

I ask all this because we don't have the Teryx yet, hoping it wont be long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 03:48 PM

I dont want to be the one with bad news..........

But one of the main reasons I went with a custom cage so soon, was that very issue right there.

I have 07' FSW, double electric queens, pull trailer, (5th wheels I think are higher) and it wouldnt fit,

so I had one built that did. Of course the custom one is way nicer and safer, blah blah blah, I had to lower it, plain and simple.

But it came out very nice and im happy, wish the stock one would have fit though.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertTeryx View Post
Anybody putting there stock Teryx in a Weekend Warrior? I have the dual elec beds option, we only have about 72.5" of clearance and I see the height on the sport model is 75.7".

almost forgot, every single sales person was like "just air down, it'l fit fine"

riiiiiiggggghhhhht!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 04:39 PM

Hate to even Further Burst your Bubble, But you should also take into consideration that Most of the Long travel kits out there will also Raise your Teryx another 3 inches. so if you are considering LT then you better Lower the cage even further. or you will be later.

livewire whips
factory utv
durkee-racing
toyhauler magazine
BK Fabworks
Fabtech motorsports
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 05:40 PM

i have 06 fb billet edition with one queen and i had to get a new cage!
but the up side is that you can chop your knew cage as much as you want depending on you height . i an 6' and i took out almost 5" when i had my cage built . plus it makes the teryx look way better...
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Build Sponsor

I have an 08 CR3905 with dual elec beds. With my stock cage it cleared with airing down the tires.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 10:17 PM

With the stock tires, I had to air down and have another person sit in the car with me. When I went to a paddle/mohawk set up, it lowered the height by a couple inches and I can actually breathe a little while putting it in the trailer. I don't have to air down the paddles/mohawks at all. I was told at the dealer that I just need to "air down" and I will be fine. I certainly wish I would have measured instead of just took both service manuals work for it. Oh well, it fits now. I just need to remove the flag mount.

Andy
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertTeryx View Post

I think Mezzanine and I were discussing this problem when he was asking about mounting some lights.

Anyway, I had the same problem with the clearance in my toyhauler (heartland Razor). the solution I found was to raise the bottom queen bunk up by moving the support brackets up to the next set of holes on the chain guides. I gained an extra 3" of clearance that way. It was enough to get the Teryx in there without airing down the tires. Some of the electric double beds don't have the extra support bracket holes but I believe you could drill them and move the brackets up.

An after market cage is a lot of money, as I just put one on my Teryx but lowering it will also make a world of difference. I can now load mine without lowering the light bar.

If I get a chance I will take some pics and post them up of the brackets I am talking about.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 02:17 AM Thread Starter

Our WW is an '08 CL. When I had my golf cart cage made I had 'em make it no higher than 72" & it fits just fine.

I am unable to raise the bed any more (as far as I know) it's already at the point that will pull it up the most.

Dang, I really don't want to buy a new cage right off the bat.

I'd never let some yahoo salesman tell me to air down, I just happen to remember reading through the years that some people found this as an answer.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovative Imports View Post
I have an 08 CR3905 with dual elec beds. With my stock cage it cleared with airing down the tires.

Yea, your 5th wheel I think has a slight higher clearance than most pull trailers. I love the floor plan on the CR's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement