Teryx HQ banner

Heat issues at the dunes?

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  dieselpowered 
#1 ·
Anyone at Glamis this past weekend have heat issues (overheating issues). My red temp light came on about 3-4 times on Staurday during miday. I was out in the big bowls when it happened. Just wondering if anyone else was running hot. My fan seemed to be working and was kicking on and off when the machine was off until it cooled. I don't like how hot it seemed to run out there. The hottest I have seen it run yet. Maybe some paddles would help the engine not work as hard. I was running big horns. I have had it to the dune before but this is the first time in the big stuff and the only time with temp issues.

#2 ·
Well my friend, we were south of you in Gordons Well, but it was really hot out there. I did not have the light come on with my 840 and the stock Teryx we had did not have any issues either. What coolant are you running? Did you check the level and find it to be at spec?

I will say the really aggressive riding was done at night with no issues.

#3 ·
I was out this past weekend and I saw the light a few times. The fan would also keep running quite a bit while the car was off to try to cool it down. I checked the coolant level and everything was fine. I just associated it with the fact I was running the hell out the car during the hottest part of the day with almost 500 pounds of bodies in it. I ran it both Friday and Saturday night and didn't see the light. Mostly saw it at idle. Its still pretty hot out there, about 95 both days I believe. I'm going out Halloween weekend so I will see if it comes on as it gets cooler in the winter.

Edit to add that I was running paddles.

Andy

#4 ·
From what I heard, some of the trailers at our camp had a thermo on the outside and on Saturday it showed 137 degrees during the day, granted I am sure most of that was radiant heat off the sand...but nonetheless, it was hot! Luckily I rolled in there with Greg from Unleashed in his pusher and we had both those AC's running the entire weekend!

#5 ·
The dash needs biger lights, if your racin around who is gonna notice those tiny lights man. I was with the guys at gordons well,, I never noticed the light coming on. I think I want to get a new gauge set up I understand the Vapor???Vector one stores the high temp etc.. records till you clear them. that would be nice so at any given time you can check the highest limits of things.

#6 ·
Well good. It at least it was not just me running a bit hot. The only time the red light came on is when I was running the real big bowls about 2pm. I have the vapor and it said my temp got to 249 degrees for a max. That was just one time. The rest of the time it said I was 215-235 degrees.

The coolant level checked fine at the full line and I am running engine ice coolant.

#7 ·
no problems!!!

I was there about two weeks ago, and it was pretty warm...but my light never came on once...my fan was running quit a bit but never the light...and i was running all day and night...even in the big bowls from olds over to the drags..no problem. I was also running on stock tires with only about 4 pounds of pressure. The trip from the drags over to china wall didnt even set my light off....but when we shut down at china wall, the fan ran off and on for 15 minutes with the motor off, so it was warm for sure!!!

#9 ·
Hey there, evidently they do not require cutting:

PWR Performance Products

I do not have one, but would like to get one in the future.

#10 ·
I've got the PWR on my Teryx. Very nice setup.

No welding required. It bolts up, but is a bit wider than stock. If you have an aftermarket bumper, the arms going back to the radiator area may be real close.

The PWR setup for the Teryx is a radiator and fan.

I hope to get a temp gauge installed soon. Hate not knowing where I am.

#11 ·
I am hoping to get one of those setups one of these days...Have a feeling that 840 is going to run pretty warm.

Wonder if my bumper is going to be a problem...oh wait, it will not, Jon, you have the same front bumper as me, did you have to make any changes.

#13 ·
Well mine is on the way, so I will have to see what needs to be done :good:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.