Proud Dad - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Proud Dad

I have been going to Moab for the annual Rally on the Rocks event for some time now, but this year my son wanted to tag along. I figured he could help me with some photos, and maybe do some driving on some of the easier sections, and I would take the tougher spots.
I brought my newly completed Kawasaki Teryx and it turned out he felt right at home behind the wheel. He did some driving on Hell's Revenge the first day, but nothing crazy. Then on day two he drove about 1/2 of Cliff Hanger including the shot you see above. Then day three kicked in and Poison Spider Mesa was on the schedule. I put him behind the wheel from the trailhead and he drove up through the sand hill and to Little Arch.

After Little Arch, we broke away from the group and three of us headed to Golden Spike trail. He ended up driving all the way in to the crack, and we weren't driving slow either.

On the way back to the trailhead, we kind of had a little race going on, so I drove back, but watching my son gain confidence and have fun doing something I love to do was priceless. Proud Dad!
In a few weeks, we will be doing a family camping trip on the Rubicon with three UTVs. I haven't told my wife yet, but she'll be in the right seat because my son can drive better!
Couldn't be more thrilled with the way our new Teryx can rock crawl. This thing is setup for adventure with lots of room for camping gear, tools, coolers, ec. Read more - Kawasaki Teryx takes on Moab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Always love your articles and fantastic photos Jon. It is so nice to see you being able to enjoy your passion with your son.

Thanks for the fantastic article Proud Dad. Can't wait to see him race KOH with you.

Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
At The Store: www.discounttire.com
To Your Door: www.discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Useful Links:
Shop ATV/UTV Tires
Shop ATV/UTV Wheels
Current Promotions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement