Teryx HQ banner

Hood sucks

6K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  NEVERENOUGH 
#1 ·
I know it has been said before but after just messing with it I have to say the front plastic sucks. What was Kawasaki thinking. This will be one of my biggest compaints about the Teryx. I hate it I hate it ok back to the garage.

#2 ·
I hear ya...had to take the hood off today...what a hassle!

Now with the new cage, it will be even more difficult due to the lower cross member.

I will post a few pics shortly :)

#3 ·
Oh dang I didn't even think about the new cage. I guess I will get all of that finished before the new cage thanks alot for making my day lol.

#4 ·
LOL ya I need to get into the dash again...so we are going to see if I can do it without removing the cage. I am a tad worried.

#6 ·
Could you be so kind as to shoot a picture of that, I would like to take a look.

#8 ·
I was thinking about this last nite also. Will spend some time in the garage today and see what I can come up with.

#9 ·
Ya a 1-1/4" wide slit may not be all that bad and would help out tremendously!

#12 ·
Ahhh ok I see what you did...you did not cut a section out, just a slit so you could pull it out and around the cage.

May not be a bad idea.

Thanks for taking the time to get those pics.

#13 ·
I like it. Nice looking ride post up some more pics of the entire Teryx.

#14 ·
Spoke to Fullbore yesterday since they are working on new plastics. I asked if they could bring this issue up to their designers to see if there is a way around the issue of getting the hood off. Guess we will see what they come up with :)

#15 ·
Fiullbore is nice stuff. I have it on my son's 250r and we like it. I bet Teryx plastic would be spendy though. I hope they make some in lime green lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.