Rear shocks? - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thumbs up Rear shocks?

WILL THEY WORK ON THE FRONT ? I HAVE AN EXTRA SE . JUST THOUGHT THAT THEY MIGHT BE BETTER CUZ THEY HAVE THE PIGGY BACKS AND ARE MORE ADJUSTABLE.. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD IDEA OR A BAD ONE.. THANK YOU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 05:54 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Not sure that the rears have any adjustability, they probably are just a smoother shock due to the resevoir. I think they will fit, though I have not tried it. I wonder though if they are valved different to accomodate for the weight that would / could be in the back.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
not sure that the rears have any adjustability, they probably are just a smoother shock due to the resevoir. I think they will fit, though i have not tried it. I wonder though if they are valved different to accomodate for the weight that would / could be in the back.
well what i ment was that they are threaded at the top and look to be able to play with a little more.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 06:21 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Well I do not have mine in front of me, but sounds like you can adjust ride height.

I would be curious to know if the valving is different than the front.

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

i wish i new... i think that they would work . but i dont want to screw anything up by putting them on...if anything i could get some more ground clearence.. just dont know if they will be too stiff..
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 06:31 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Ya I imagine the spring rates would be different as well.

You will likely not mess anything up (if they fit) but your ride quality may suffer.

Hey be the lab rat and try it out

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 06:38 PM

I say go for it!. You should switch the front springs onto the New Front/rears though. Those rear springs are heavy for cargo hauling. You won't like them on the front. The shocks may work OK. Try it and keep us posted. I've been dying to get my hands on those stock shocks to see about revalving.

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 06:40 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Thanks Steve, hey I think I have my stock ones still at the shop...if I do, want me to get them to you to play with?

I agree, not sure you want to use those rear springs up front. But comeon, be the lab rat and test it out!

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
Thanks Steve, hey I think I have my stock ones still at the shop...if I do, want me to get them to you to play with?

I agree, not sure you want to use those rear springs up front. But comeon, be the lab rat and test it out!
Yeah you bet! I think they are a better shock than the Rhino SE shocks. I would love to try to improve on the setup and come up with some spring rate options so guys that don't want to take the full plunge into aftermarket can get a better ride. Maybe I'll do it on the side$$$$

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 06:52 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Ok Monday I will go down to the shop and see if they still have the shocks, once I do that I will give you a shout and we will work it out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement