heating up - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

heating up

my teryx temp light came on 3 times on the way to olds and 3 times on the way back. it was hot and we were on it, but i was following another teryx and he had no problems all weekend. i have water wetter in the system and the fan works. i do have a skid plate with 6 -1 3/4 holes and the other guy had better tires compared to my stocks in the sand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 10:01 AM

I had the same issue on mine. Of course it was 105-110 degrees outside at the time. I have not had into the dealer to be looked at yet. Engine coolant level okay in mine and running Engine Ice coolant, fan working. Not sure what the problem is or if it just likes to run hot.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 05:31 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Ya that is odd...I ran my 840 in the dunes well above 100 degrees out and no light. Could it be a thermostat issue? Not trying to just throw worthless info out there, but maybe that could be a problem. I know the motor does not run cool though.

What about trail or desert riding, have you guys noticed the same thing?

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

heating up

i was in the desert 2 weeks before and it was hot and i had no problems. the fan does run alot after it is shut off but it was working. i run a cdi and put a exhuast tip on, could that lean it out. the teryx i was following in glamis was bone stock motor wise.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 11:10 AM

I have had mine since Feb and this last trip to the dunes was the first time I have had a problem. Desert riding and other dunes trips were no problem. This was the first dunes trip that I was running very hard in the big bowls going from Roadrunner to olds following a couple of buddies on 2 wheelers. It only got hot enough to make the light come on in the real big bowls running hard uphill. Most of the time my coolant temps were 210-230. But once I topped out a 249 before I shut it down to let it cool off with a couple more times them temps between 238 and 245.

What also seemed wierd is that the fan that trip was not kicking on until the temp was above 215-220. When I am running around by my house it is kicking on 205-210. Not sure why the difference in temps before the fan seems to be kicking on.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 06:23 PM

My temp light came on going down the sand highway from the vendors to the drags. I did have 4 adults in it though. I noticed ever since we put the cage on that it doesnt do as well. We have had our teryx since march and squezzed in a few trips last season and everything was fine. But that was with the stock cage. In the desert by the house here in Havasu I can have it fully loaded and now temp issues. Other than the crazy heat that comes from the center. I would imagine that this thing is working alot harder in the dunes.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamisrob View Post
I have had mine since Feb and this last trip to the dunes was the first time I have had a problem. Desert riding and other dunes trips were no problem. This was the first dunes trip that I was running very hard in the big bowls going from Roadrunner to olds following a couple of buddies on 2 wheelers. It only got hot enough to make the light come on in the real big bowls running hard uphill. Most of the time my coolant temps were 210-230. But once I topped out a 249 before I shut it down to let it cool off with a couple more times them temps between 238 and 245.

What also seemed wierd is that the fan that trip was not kicking on until the temp was above 215-220. When I am running around by my house it is kicking on 205-210. Not sure why the difference in temps before the fan seems to be kicking on.
what are normal operating temps? do you have the trail tech vapor gauge, if so is it worth it. also what is considered hot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement