Teryx HQ banner

Eagle Plow install anyone?

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  grizzjeeper 
#1 ·
Hello,
Was wondering if anyone has done an Eagle Plow install yet on their Teryx?
I'm about to and would really like to see someone else's install.

#2 ·
Not me my friend, we are not lucky enough to have snow in Phoenix.

Were you needing instructions or what did you need?

#6 ·
Just installed mine this weekend....several issues came up.

I was installing a Warn RT30 at the same time, so I put the winch on first....that turned out to be a mistake, as the bolts for the front of the plow mount go through the frame under the winch.

I loosened up the winch plate and snaked the bolts down through the frame, then proceeded to install the plow mount. Turns out that the bolts for the front of the mount included in the Teryx kit were 5/16" diameter instead of the 3/8" that the parts list showed. Since it was hard to see what was going on, it took me a while to figure out why the nut wasn't going on the bolt...turns out the nut was 3/8". Luckily I had some 3/8" grade 5 bolts 1 1/2" long, so again, I loosened the winch plate and swapped out the bolts. Strike one for American.

After that, the remainder of the install took all of 10 minutes. If they had included the correct hardware, the whole job would be about 15 minutes.

Then I moved on to the plow assembly & install. A couple bolts & springs to hook up the plow to the push bar and I was done. Then I discovered that the hardware to connect the push bar to the newly-installed Teryx mount was missing. Strike two for American.

The only other thing I haven't figured out is where to connect the winch cable. The instructions are vague....at best.

#7 ·
Got mine installed this weekend too. I already had the RT 30 on the Teryx so I had to remove the 2 front
bolts that held the winch mount plate and go get new bolts. They give you nuts and bolts with the plow but my winch mount didnt call for a nut and bolt. The winch plate holes were threaded and didnt feel comfortable re-using the existing bolts because they were too short to ad another 1/4 inch to them with the plow plate being attached as well, so I ran to home depot and matched the bolts but 1/4 inch longer.
After that everything went fairly well, had to break out my dremel with the cutting wheel and cut off some plastic for the plate to slide all the way to the front to match the holes. For the winch hook to the plow a used a quick link through the eye on the plow and clamped the winch hook to it.
this is a web link to the quick link. Ace - Hardware: Chain, Cable & Rope: Chain & Cable Fittings: Repair & Connecting Links: Coopertools Quick Link - 10 Pack.

I would post picks of my setup but for some reason I cant. Always get an error when trying to attach.

#10 ·
Installed mine, Mine was the Tusk version 499 at rockymountanatv shipped. Same plow I have been told. Has the eagle mounitng instructions, eagle tag on plow. Install took all of 30 minutes. Easies plow install I have ever done, much easier wih two people to hold bottom mount in place. What I do not like is that you will have to take the bottom mount off in the spring, hangs down too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.