Just a heads up on the Teryx - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just a heads up on the Teryx

Yesterday as soon as I came home from the dealer i took my new teryx out for about a 10 mile ride to see if everything was on the up and up. When i got back to my house i did a good one over on everything that may have got missed on the assembly line or dealer. Found out that i had more than a 1/2 quart of engine oil too much. The crank vent was blowing oil into my intake and causing blue smoke. I used a little siphon pump to remove the oil. I removed the engine cover to inspect all the electrical and other componants. All hose clamps were very loose. Whether they be on the air intake, carb boots, radiator hoses. ALL OF THEM!!! Some of the clamps took as much as 10-12 full turns with a socket. I use a 6mm or 8mm on a screwdriver instead of a phillips. The phillips will strip out pretty easy. I also removed my exhaust tip. In the process 2 of the 3 bolts broke off in the exhaust. They must have been crossthreaded from the factory. No big deal because im gonna do a muzzy later on. Just wanted to give you all a heads up that all my hose clamps, whether they were intake, CVT, or coolant lines were all loose. Were they loose enough to cause leakage?? I dunno, but nothing wrong with snugging them up to be safe. The teryx is awesome better than the 660 rhino i used to own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 07:37 PM

wow, that blows.

We got ours ('09 sport) on wednesday & have been running it hard in the dunes ever since. Not one issue yet.

I think I'm in luv
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 09:06 PM

Wow! I would not have turned one wrench, put it on the trailer and took it back to the dealership.
They probably charged you a setup fee too.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 11:26 PM

Cool thanks for the heads up I have about 20 hours on mine and no problems. Will do some maintenance checks over T-Day in Glamis.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 08:37 AM

I've had some loose clamps to tighten up on mine too, nothing nearly as serious as yours though. I agree, I would have taken it back in and had the dealer fix it, since it was their being lazy that caused the problem.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 10:00 AM

When I got mine home, the brakes sucked ass! I tried bleeding them a little and didn't get any air so I looked at the master cylinder... there was barely a drop of fluid in it!!!
I filled it and bled the brakes myself - was cheaper then fuel cost of hauling it up to the dealer. But I stopped by the dealer on my way home from work a week later and mentioned it in passing to the accy. salesman helping me... I guess one of the owners overheard me and told the salesman to give 75% off everything I bought that trip!!!!
hellz yeah! (they were having a blowout sale anyway that day...)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 09:49 PM

I have had an issue from 40 hours in popping out of gear and making a grinding sound. I took it to the dealer with a month to go on the warranty and they said it was just a linkage issue . I then readjusted the linkage a little bit each trip for about 3 trips and got tired of it. I then took it back in and the tranny is beaten up really bad. The vendor told me that Kawi would take care of the parts but I would have to take care of the labor. The parts were $2500 and the labor is $2700. I am pissed that this has happened. I spoke to the vendor and they told me that the Kawi rep told them that if I complained on the Kawi complaint line, that they would pull the parts. The vendor actually told me this. I spoke to the manager and expressed how disappoinjted I was on there performance and how they /Kawi is dealing with this. I am not done yet. I need to get the log # from the vendor , so I can call Kawi and ask if this is really how they do business. If it is, I will you all know. In short, if you hav e anything go wrong with your rides, make your local dealer take care of it. If it pops of gear, make them drain the oil and check for debris. Let me know if any one else is dealing with this kind of issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement