Antifreeze loss - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Antifreeze loss

Yesterday, was fixing to load the Teryx, and an odd noise was coming from it. I was thinking maybe a stick hung in the frame hitting the front drive line. I circled around and loaded the Teryx on the trailerÖ..then I saw antifreeze coming out the bottom.

Today I tried to find the problem, and I see none, except it needs some antifreeze. The leak, or lossÖ.appears to maybe have come out of overflow, just not sure. Also donít know how low it is, havenít added any back yet. Maybe after I add some, I might see an issue, but kind of doubting that.

Anyone of ideas what was going on here? Teryx has 140+ hoursÖ.havenít had any issues of this type up to this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 09:52 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Well my friend, I tried and tried to purge my cooling system only to attempt to ride today to get a red light on the dash. Thought maybe there was air in the system, however, someone I talk to out on the trail really thought it was the thermostat.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 09:28 AM

Mine was low after about 20 hours. When I changed the oil, I noticed a hose leaking right next to the oil filter. The clamp was loose from the factory. It lost about a cup or so in 20 hours of operation.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 09:32 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Ya there are no leaks on mine, just coolant spitting out of the top of the radiator. I am done messing with it and burning my hands from hot coolant....will let the dealer worry about it when they are replacing the seal on the front diff.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

I just let the Teryx idle, then did other things. After awhile I heard that same noise I heard at the ranch. It was gurgling from the fill up point on the radiator. Then I found the water/temp display flashing, which is NOT noticeable at ALL, at least to me. Itís not a light, just within that small digital display, a flashing symbol. Fan was not coming on. I found a breaker, and it was tripped. Reset, it, then idled for quite awhile with the fan cycling on/off.

Now I wonder what caused it to trip in the first place? But for now, seems to be back to normal.

Diesel where is this coolant coming from on top of the radiator??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement