Quick Update from Buttercup - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quick Update from Buttercup

Weather is absolutely perfect. Mid to hi 70's with little to no wind. Picture perfect. LOTS of people here and even MORE LEO's! Last night at Comp Hill you could look around at any given time and see either a Sherrif, Ranger or Border Patrol with SOMEONE pulled over. And they were writing tickets too! They are definitely out in full force.
Did some modifications to the Teryx this trip. I shaved some weight off it but it sure doesn't handle the way it used to. Still, could've been a lot worse. Nobody got seriously injured. Just some bumps, bruises and maybe a broken foot.
Looks like front bumper, radiator, ball joint, hood, headlights & dash for now. Will know more once it's home & I start taking it apart. Such a bummer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of Teryx1Front.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	658  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 08:54 PM
CommanderTalk.com

What happened? Did you lawn dart it?

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 10:22 PM

Man that looks like some work for you, sorry buddy but glad no one's really hurt.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 07:09 PM

Ouch sorry about the little mishap how about some details. Look on the bright side might as well update when you have to replace right.

Too much is neverenough
2003 duramax dually for towing
2004 Gearbox toyhauler 30fs
2006 limited yfz 450 mine
2003 Pred 500 wifes
1986 4trax 250R sons
1997 300ex daughter
2006 250ex daughter
2008 Teryx ours
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Head on

I sorta wished I would've lawn darted it. At least then I could blame myself for being stupid. No, we went for a ride around the outskirts of Buttercup. Started by Vendors and went West towards Midway, then headed south to the Border Fence and followed it East until we got to the Canal. We then headed North towards the freeway along the canal bank. Just cruising. We had a newbie on a smaller quad so our speeds were very low. I was running on a narrow trail RIGHT along side the canal bank and I saw this big black 4 seater coming right at us at a pretty good speed. I pulled as high on the bank as I could and came to a complete stop. Again, I was going so slow to begin with. The guy in the car didn't see me until it was way too late. He turned at the last second and his left front hit me in the center of the Teryx. The impact was SO EFFIN HARD & LOUD! He said it looked as though he lost a shock, both arms, tie rod, spindle & wheel. The Teryx, not quite sure yet but I know it's bad. I know the hood is cracked a little bit, the dash is broken in the center by the speedo, the radiator is flat, the bumper turned the RIGHT front shock into an L shape. The left shock has a good sized dent in it. The Left lower arm has the paint flaking off big time so I'm sure it's bent. Front of the frame LOOKS questionable but it's hard to tell with all the mangled stuff in there so I won't know until it's all apart and have it looked at.
It absolutely could've been worse. Nobody died or got seriously hurt. A buddy of mine asked the guy RIGHT after it happened, "Geez, how fast were you going?" Guy said, "I wasn't even going that fast. I was only in 3rd gear." So basically, I am impressed with how well the Teryx took the beating. But of course, I'm bummed out beyond words because I could barely afford to make this trip to begin with.

Let me add that the guy in the buggy was very cool. He & all his friends & family hung out with our girls while we went back to get my truck & then they helped us hook the Teryx to my rear bumper and drag it the 6 miles to camp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of Teryx3CrashTDay08.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	704.3 KB
ID:	659  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 03:19 PM

That sucks! I hope everyone is okay. Hopefully you have insurance!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 03:57 PM

Damn that sucks, but it look like the Teryx held up pretty good. It looks like the 4 seat car took it just as bad.

Andy
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 10:30 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Hang on, so it definately sounds to me like he was at fault, will his liability insurance not cover your machine? That is a lot of damage and will cost a small fortune to get fixed. I could likely get the a-arms for you and some other stock parts if that would help you out.

It could have been much worse, happy to hear no one was severely hurt.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 11:24 PM

WOW looks like your Teryx did really well in the crash. Very happy to hear you guys were OK. Looks like it could have been way worse.

2011 Teryx Sport
2011 50" STD RZR LE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement