Teryx HQ banner

2013 Terxy 4 problems

10K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Cliff 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 Teryx 4. I can jump start it, it will run for a couple minutes then the EPS light comes on and power steering won't work, within seconds the check engine light comes on and the motor stops. The battery is brand new. Please give me some ideas on what to check or what might be wrong. Thanks.

#11 ·
I had the exact same issue about a year ago on my 2013 Teryx4. I replaced the battery and in a couple days later the problem returned. My stator was bad and had to be replaced for $700. Fast forward a year and a half later and today I am back at Kawasaki for another new stator, voltage regulator, and a complete new wiring harness. $3385.57. The technician said he was on the phone with Kawasaki for four hours before diagnosing the problem. The wiring harness lost its ability to carry the voltage and the charging system was working so hard it killed the stater and regulator. The technician told me that he has at least two other machines with the exact same problem right now. One is a 2013 model and the other is a 2014. Since this work was done at Kawasaki, the parts and labor have a one-year warranty. But you can bet the buttons on your shirt that this piece of junk will be out of my hands within a year.

p.s. I found this thread because I took off work and drove over an hour to pick up my machine and the power steering doesn’t work. There’s no EPS light on, no codes, and the technicians are at a loss so I’m searching the Internet to see what I can find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.