DIYers???? - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Kawasaki Teryx.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DIYers????

Are there any do it yourselfers on here? i see a ton of delarers and products to be purchased, but just wondering who is creative enough to make their own stuff?

I am working on stuff that should make it to my teryx in the next few weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 10:54 PM

Thumbs up

i am doing quite a few things right now too. Only 2 hours on the clock and it;s been apart more than it has been on the road! Just need to rob a bank to finish it!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 11:11 PM

Thinking about trying to build my own cage and front bumper, reality of it is I would need to take 2 weeks holidays and ditch the family, but the way work is going lately, holidays are a NO and need to get some time to do the mods on the Teryx first. Maybe in the spring, I think the shop needs a pipe bender, tig welder, plasma cutter, and a few more goodies, or maybe just buy one and skip the $10K+ in tools. Let us know what you build, may get you a job out of it!

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate1 View Post
i am doing quite a few things right now too. Only 2 hours on the clock and it;s been apart more than it has been on the road! Just need to rob a bank to finish it!
Same here, I bought the '08 just so I could spend the money saved on upgrading. I had 1hr on mine when I did the cdi, coils, HW rejet, & chunked the spark arrestor. The week of Thanksgiving was the first ride. I still only have about 12hrs and just installed HID replacements along with Dalton clutch kit & OD plate. Pistons & cams should be here within a couple of weeks and I hope to have exhaust by the time of that install. I received the cage ends yesterday, rear seat shipped out today, so as soon as I pick up the tubing I'll be bending & welding on the cage.

I like working on the stuff about as much as playing with it.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

thank God people out there are doing things. every where i look is a pruchased part, nothing custom, nothing original, all money. my position is this, the wife was cool with getting the Teryx as long as i quit modding my truck. with the truck, aftermarket support was rare so we just made or concepted our on stuff. its not entirely that i am cheap, but the retail prices for stuff i see out there is insane...
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 06:59 PM

sleepy, the prices are high because there is very low volume in the UTV parts compared to truck accessories.

There were only 7500 Teryx's made in 08 and probably 300,000 chevy trucks made. Hard to make anything less expensive when it is cheaper in volume.

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

I realize that, but that same is true from my frontier. tons of crap made for a POS ford or chevey, but not much for me...so we custom made parts and still kept prices comparable to those of mass produced parts.
dont get me wrong, its cool to see vendor support, but I really would like to find a forum where people are doing stuff on their own and we all could learn more...

no offense to all the vednors on here, just thought that forums would be a little different.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 09:02 PM

Thumbs up

Sleepy,

Believe this or not Hunterworks is a DIY, we play with it, design it, test it and install it not just sell it.

Depending on the vendor a DIY can learn alot from one and not make mistakes and most of them expensive mistakes buying stuff that does not work. A guy who just bought a UTV for the first time and on a forum won't know what someone who has done nothing else for the last five years will know. The first thing a UTV owner has to do is forget everything he knew about modding a ATV, it most of the time won't work on a UTV therefore a new UTV owner on a forum might spread some bad advice. No offense for anyone, it is just a simple fact.

I think others will agree with this, Hunterworks is different in the fact we don't jam products down your throat just to make a profit. We are kind of like your guard dog, we are out here to protect you from making a expensive mistake if we can and to make sure you get something you need not something you think you wanted. I bet I tell people not to buy as much as I tell them to buy.

If you call my shop and want to purchase something that I know won't do what you want, I will tell you to not buy it.

Of course I agree if you can make your roof, cv guards or numerous other things I all for it. No DIY can make a CDI though, you know what I mean.

I do totally understand what you are saying though. Anytime you have a good many people coming to one location on the internet that strictly has UTV owners on it then the vendors like me will be there.

By the way I was invited by the admin for tech advice to members. I technically think everyone should buy from Hunterworks!! LOL!!

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 09:45 PM

Todd's a stand up guy in my book.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 08:33 AM

I do alot of the work on mine myself. We are always looking at ways to make it ours. As far as vendors go Todd rocks. It is a great asset to have the knowledge of someone on the board who plays with the product he sells. I see a lot of vendors on the net that only want to sell stuff to make money. So a vendor who tests what they sell is very helpful just my .02.

Too much is neverenough
2003 duramax dually for towing
2004 Gearbox toyhauler 30fs
2006 limited yfz 450 mine
2003 Pred 500 wifes
1986 4trax 250R sons
1997 300ex daughter
2006 250ex daughter
2008 Teryx ours
Sponsored Links
Advertisement